OTSdj and Bluetooth

Started by MPH711, September 01, 2014, 09:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPH711

I want to play music from OTSDJ on my computer to my home theater system using Bluetooth. I can easily use Bluetooth and hear anything I play from iTunes on my computer to the home theater but I just can't hear anything from OTS.  I hear it on my computer fine but it won't Bluetooth it to my home theater or my Up Jambox speakers. Am I doing something wrong? Any settings I need to change on my computer so I can hear OTS? Are you able to do what I am trying to do?

Mike

JAylmer

In OTSAVDJ   
FILE MENU/VIEW/OUTPUT CONFIGURATION
Click on the set button for "on air" device located top right.
Take note of the current selection just in case.
Select the Blue tooth audio.
You can steer the audio output of OTS to anywhere you like.
Click OK, all should be good.

MPH711

Thanks. I did do your steps but Bluetooth does not come up as a choice in the output. Is there something I need to do to make that happen?

Jumpin' Jeff

I didn't think you could do Bluetooth.

If Bluetooth can can be defined as an audio interface like a sound card, then it should show up in your output config list. I have not seen this on my laptop. I suspect there is something more to the configuration.

I have a set of Bluetooth headphones, perhaps if I pair them with the laptop, they would show as an audio device in Ots. Will have to give it a try.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

MPH711

It works! I connected my Jambox speakers by Bluetooth to my computer and then fired up OTS and then Bluetooth did show up in my choices. Thanks much!

Jumpin' Jeff

Did you connect after Ots was running previously? Ots doesn't update devices without a restart of Ots.

Glad to hear it is working.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

MPH711

The first time I tried I went into OTS first before linking my computer Bluetooth to the Jambox. I didn't get the Bluetooth option in OTS. So the way I was successful was to first link my computer with the Jambox and then open OTS and went to output setting and they did give my the Bluetooth choice at that time.