Wish OTS would do this

Started by djandy, December 23, 2013, 06:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djandy

some words on what's happening at ots ????
For everybody else, who've been patiently waiting for some news:
VirtualDJ 8 is now stable and all the new features are implemented.
It has been used live in clubs and weddings by team members for some time now without any problems.
We're still tweaking it here and there to improve the user experience and usability, but this is almost done.
As usual, we are not giving any deadline or release date, but we will do our best to keep the final beta session short.
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ Pdi = PAR6-2WWQ
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic Pdi = PBHZ-5G5L
Karaoke CD+G Module Pdi = PAB2-MEAQ
Video Module Pdi = PAF6-3FTC

SoundWave

I got a merry christmas e-mail, so at least we know that their automated email program is working  :p
Neil Hill - SoundWave Music
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic
PDI=PA1C-EX89

Jumpin' Jeff

Andy, you can advertise VDJ all you want on the VDJ forums, but remember, these are OtsAV forums.

Been waiting 2 years for VDJ8 myself. They really aren't any faster then the fellas at Ots IMO.

Will have to wait and see if it's any better a solution than 7 was.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

djandy

I am not advertising VDJ at all as I think it a bag of s**t.... it was the fact they are letting every one know what's happening unlike ots as we are still waiting for controllers looping karaoke and more updates they said we would have
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ Pdi = PAR6-2WWQ
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic Pdi = PBHZ-5G5L
Karaoke CD+G Module Pdi = PAB2-MEAQ
Video Module Pdi = PAF6-3FTC

scott hanna

I've used VDJ now a few times for karaoke gigs...private parties where I thought they may want new karaoke music.  That karaoke service works great for new music. I have all of the old stuff.

I personally still find ots to be much more easy to use. I'm sure some of it is the fact that I've been using ots for so much longer.

I too wish ots would be more innovative and have cutting edge features like they used to a decade ago. I also wish they didn't make their current customers and potential new customers feel like absolutely nothing is happening. Releasing an update almost a year after promised, while saying they are releasing it but still not completely done with this update....and then another 18 months with nothing more than maintainence updates and no announcements about what's coming......makes it seem like an extremely low priority for whomever is doing anything, if anything at all.

I can't think of new features that are "must have" for me, but they are always nice. Ots works very well the way it is.
But it feels like ots is drifting away from most DJs interest these days...which could eventually make them stop doing updates all together. More deck options, karaoke hoster, etc seem like standard features on less expensive software, yet are vapor ware in Ots.

It seems that hardly anyone else in dj forums even mention ots when mentioning favorite software these days. They used to years ago.

In a few years, my windows 10 computer may not be able to run this software well if it's not updated.

Right now, they feel like a comfortable old shoe. Probably newer and cooler shoes out there, but they don't fit like ots does.

Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

John Webb

Unless I have got this all wrong :confused: As I own both Ots and Vdj pro software, but am happy to congratulate Ots on producing and maintaining a rock solid software program that I never have to worry about ever!
It opens, loads up and plays all my music videos every gig on my old laptop running Windows XP with only 4 Gb of memory?
But I also own all three software licensed copies I bought from Ots I think :ask_wsign:
Unlike my one copy of VDJ Pro which I do not own cannot sell because like many other on the Atomix VDJ website according to the latest thread forum posts have been complaining about! After foolishly ticking on an I agree to these conditions of sale box before the sale was completed?
Have agreed they can never own or resale this software and licence as they do not own it! :censored:
Yes I was stupid and should of read it, but I am by no means alone so there are so many stupid unwise customers that are now unhappy with their VDJ purchase they now find has no resale value at all  :cussing:
Kind Regards
John Webb
Eastbourne UK

PDI Licences:
PBZF-BVBF OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 x1
PASH-KXPT OtsAV DJ Pro 1.90 x1
PBRD-QDRN OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 x1
PAB2-WL29  OtsTurntables Pro 1.0 x1