A M Radio Tribute

Started by gr8oldies, October 26, 2013, 03:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8oldies

Hi all I know I haven't posted much as of late but I have something I wanted to share that I think some here can appreciate.I recently did a tribute to American A M radio of the 60's & 70's on radio's 93rd anniversary on my net show.IMHO those two decades were the golden age of top 40 radio here in the US.Some of the greatest disk jockeys of all time graced the airwaves during that era and the radio stations? well they were loud and proud. I received a lot of positive feedback so much so I posted it on soundcloud.You can give it a listen by clicking https://soundcloud.com/gr8oldies/a-m-radio-tribute hope you enjoy let me know what you think.

OtsDJ BoomBox
PDI=PAAA-BJLR

OtsDJ Silver 1.15
PDI=PA5B-785D

Jammin' Adam

Wow, and I can even remember some of those jingles. Nice tribute.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

gr8oldies

Thank You Adam I knew you would appreciate it  :thumbsup:

OtsDJ BoomBox
PDI=PAAA-BJLR

OtsDJ Silver 1.15
PDI=PA5B-785D

Ed

Oh, Gr8, I really enjoyed that, a lot of WLS, I was in Houston during those decades with the BIG 610 KILT, notice many stations  used "the BIG" call letters. and all were loud like you say, but got you in the mood! I remember one time in 1968 I called in to KILT and won the secret sound contest, I actually guessed what sound it was!! I got tickets to the Houston Astros game...WOW I was excited. Anyone during that time remembers the talent those jocks had, it was a true art for sure.....thanks for sharing this Gr8

gr8oldies

Thanks Ed I have some KILT airchecks with Beau Weaver maybe I'll do a part 2 and include it and I'm glad you enjoyed.

OtsDJ BoomBox
PDI=PAAA-BJLR

OtsDJ Silver 1.15
PDI=PA5B-785D

Tim Gainer

DOOD! And the first one you use is for Super 'CFL! I had the honor of working for those calls during its final days in the 90's.

You did a great job on this one, buddy.
Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar:

gr8oldies

Thank you Tim I also knew you would appreciate the tribute. You might get a kick out of this too

Hurt like hell but turned out pretty decent  :p

OtsDJ BoomBox
PDI=PAAA-BJLR

OtsDJ Silver 1.15
PDI=PA5B-785D

Jammin' Adam

Wolfman Jack! Nice!

Even found the pic that came from Here Pretty darn good artwork there!
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

Bryan Durio

Hey Gr8! I just happened on this thread and I appreciate the Tom Petty tune. That's one of my favorites from the last 20 years. I bailed on radio in '83 because I didn't like what it was becoming (the message in "The Last DJ").
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+: PAV1-VFZA
OtsAV Radio Webcaster: PBVZ-51GE

I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

It's all just ones and zeros. :p

gr8oldies

Yeah Bryan you and I both, someones asked me a while back if I liked working in commercial radio or doing my own thing on the internet and I said internet hands down I'm free to do my own thing and I must confess (Not trying to brag) but it is more satisfying for me at lest. That's why I included the Tom petty tune on the tribute.

OtsDJ BoomBox
PDI=PAAA-BJLR

OtsDJ Silver 1.15
PDI=PA5B-785D

Tim Gainer

Amen to both of you! I've had folks repeatedly ask me if I'd ever go back to terrestrial radio and my first reaction to it is NO - it isn't like it used to be. The invention of internet radio has injected new life and freedom back into broadcasting.

The only way i WOULD was if I owned the place.
Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar: