Trying Out The Slideshow/Ticker For First Time Ever!!

Started by Glen J. Millar, September 18, 2013, 04:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen J. Millar

Okay so I have had OtsDJ/OtsAV since 2000 and since the introduction of the slideshow ability as well as ticker, I have never once used it.

Until now.

This Sunday I am doing a Bridal Show and was upgraded to a double booth only today!! So what to do as I was only planning around a 10x10 booth and now I have a 20x10. Look at getting a couple of 32" monitors and have my slideshow play on those.

Sounds like an idea!!

Oh wait!! What about using the Ticker and having a series of custom promotional and "Thanks for attending" messages play?!?

boooyaaahhhh!! Sounds even better.

So I get onto Best Buy and find a couple of no name 32" monitors which are cheap ($178 CDN) and actually have very good reviews. Get a HDMI splitter and HDMI cables and let's test it all out.

So I get home and unpack everything and set it up for testing, and after a couple of moments trying to figure out the right settings in the laptop, it is all working perfectly and has been for about 3 hours. Swwwweeeeeet!!

Now here is the sweetest thing, all the VDJ users at the show have anything like this in their booths, so, I am hoping that it will bring more attention to my booth, which is right in front of the fashion show stage practically, and may generate even more sales.

I hope to have pictures of the booth after I do the set up on Saturday, and I will post them here when I have them.

Ohhhhh yeah....imagine the possibilities...and I am. :)

Jigger

Sounds good Glen. I look forward to seeing the Photos.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jammin' Adam

Be interesting to hear how the crowd as well as the competition reacts, go get em Glen!
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V