Announcement: OtsAV 1.90.014 Maintenance Release

Started by Glen J. Millar, July 22, 2013, 02:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin' Jeff

My point is that these extra decks will require manual launching, or triggered from a secondary thread is my guess. I'm not sure how other softwares do this, and I may be completely unaware of how this could actually be accomplished...
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Lane

I can outline how it works for one other software solution. (not gunna name names! :) )

Most of the time, it's the two decks as usual. When a very short item is seen in the program, it gets loaded into the third deck to play. How each deck is trigger is according some sensible rules, but basically, it's possible to have the more complicated overlap I mentioned. There are options to have a track marked as a voice over item, and to force it to the third deck even if it's a longer. Something else that can happen is ducking the other players down in volume while this third deck plays.

Here's a scenario that is probably easy to imagine. A song introduction. These can be done automatically, as though a DJ is there announcing a track. (fakes being live fairly well, shhh). With a third deck, you can have the song mix exactly as you would have it now in the two decks, but also have a voice over track play that is a song introducing. This can play right over top the song overlap, without pushing the two tracks apart.

It's pretty hard to clearly describe how that works with just a few words in a paragraph. And I probably oversimplified the above a little too much. For how a mobile DJ thinks, it might be best to think of it enabling what sounds like a live person cutting in with a mic like they were live, right over top the music mix. The smarts to do this automatically isn't hugely sophisticated.
It's all just programming :P

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7