Announcement: OtsAV 1.90.014 Maintenance Release

Started by Glen J. Millar, July 22, 2013, 02:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen J. Millar

Ots Labs is proud to announce the immediate availability of the OtsAV 1.90.014 maintenance release.

This release addresses numerous areas, most anticipated being full Windows 8 video overlay support. Although primarily a maintenance release, there's some goodies for Windows XP & 7 users too, so be sure to check it out!

We're also offering an opportunity for the next few days only for upgrades and new licenses at a special rate across the entire OtsAV product family.

http://ots.gs/2Cj

Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to hearing your feedback.

The Team Ots Labs

Glen J. Millar

1.90.014 released on 21 July 2013.

Ots Labs is proud to announce the immediate availability of the OtsAV 1.90.014 maintenance release.

This update is free to all OtsAV DJ, OtsAV Radio and OtsAV TV 1.90-licensed users (including Pro-Classic+ licensed users).

For the next few days, Ots Labs is making available licenses (including upgrades) at a special rate. Please visit the OtsAV buy page to take advantage of this current offer.

(Please note that not all points apply to all license types.)

Full support for video overlay output on Windows 8 (previously OtsAV 1.90 was compatible with Windows 8, except for full-screen video overlay output). OtsAV now runs great on Windows 8 in all respects and we highly recommend it!
    Ability to disable video overlay on primary display head by double-clicking the overlay, in addition to the previous method of pressing Escape (very useful on tablets!).
    HD 1080p source content can now be played when the OtsAV internal video pipeline resolution is in SD mode - no need to bump it up to ED or higher just to play these videos.
    Watermark and Titling video asset images can now be supplied as PNG files instead of Targa (.TGA) and may contain no alpha channel (transparency information) if full opacity is desired. PNG is now the preferred format (and will be found first if you have both a TGA and PNG present for a given asset class) as it is more widely supported and transparency is handled/interpreted with less ambiguity by third-party image processing tools.
    Maximum number of images the Slideshow feature can simultaneously handle has been increased from around 16 thousand to 64,0000.
    Slideshow now supports images with transparency (they are composed to background rather than alpha channel being ignored, as previously).
    More direct access to categories in the Media Library tab. The Categories menu (drop-down button to the left of OMQL field) has been re-arranged to make accessing Categories faster. Additionally, you can press Ctrl+Q at any time the main OtsAV window has focus to directly access this menu, and then simply press the first letter of your desired category to select it (or cycle through them, if there are multiple beginning with that letter).
    New "item roll-over" functionality for all lists, allowing access to pertinent information simply by hovering the mouse over the title or artist column of any item. This feature (which may be optionally disabled) is designed to be smooth and slick such that it does not get in your way nor require any additional mouse clicks, yet provides a wealth of info that was previously only available in the Album/Item Info dialog. If you use the Media Library item or album comment feature, you will especially love this.
    Ability to position the rack area (decks, turntables, mixer and waveform display) at the bottom of the OtsAV main window rather than the top, which may suit some workflows better.
    Higher contrast "dark on light" colour scheme option for tabs/lists area, which is more suitable for well-lit environments.
    Ability to suppress display of the Karaoke tab in the tabs/lists area (for those users who are not concerned with Karaoke). Note: this does not disable the Karaoke list or any Karaoke functionality, but makes it less prominent (you can still right-click on an active tab to access a drop-down menu which will include all available lists for your product type).
    Several fixes pertaining to non-English characters and searching/displaying items in the Media Library. Specifically, with the previous 1.90 version some users were unable to obtain positive search hits against their library when using certain non-English characters. Please note that depending on how your system is configured, you still may need to enter the correct case (upper/lower) of a given character in order for a hit to register (this is never necessary in OtsAV with English-alphabet characters).
    The video ticker will now display many characters that were previously unavailable (not in the Western European code page). This functionality depends on your system being correctly configured and it should be noted that East Asian character sets are still not supported at this stage.
    Other minor fixes/improvements.

Glen J. Millar

Okay first impression with the Trial version.....NICE!!! Yes, now when you have a long title, you can hover over and see it all!! As well those of us who prefer the decks on the bottom, well now you can. I must say I DO like that there is now an option for Dark on Light now...very handy for outdoor events. Still playing with 1.90.014 but, thus far some of the key points I mentioned in the initial 1.90 release have been nicely addressed although I still miss the direct CD play option that 1.85 has.

JAylmer

Checked out some of the features, very impressive.  Especially like the mouse over for the long files names & extended information.

I do have an issue however and that is whenever I place the mouse over the main menu (the rotating logo) then OTS crashes.  Sometimes I get to see the menu selection but it always crashed with a few seconds of placing the mouse (or clicking on) the main menu.  I do have a lot of development stuff on my machine which may be a factor as I can't see OTS releasing a product with such a fault.

The fault is "OTS AVDJ has stopped working". I guess I should have loaded a trial first as I may have to back out with a gig on Friday.

Debugging info attached.

JAylmer

Reinstalled etc - same result
Removed all OTS programs & reinstalled - same result

I use Win7  64 bit and would be interested if anyone else has this issue?

JAylmer

Downloaded and installed the new trial version but same problem, crashes when menu is moused over/selected.

For me I'm going back to the older version.

JAylmer

I'm now back at Esperance 1.9 with no problems.  It will be interesting to see how others manage the upgrade.
Could be a Win 7 compatibility issue.
When I have more time I will contact OTS, resolve the issue and upgrade.

bustersdelight

JAylmer

I had previously downloaded the original Esperance file and retained it so all I had to do was to run that install file.
The codes etc all worked OK so it was easy.

redhot

Just installed 1.90.014 ...   CRASH! ...   "OtsAV DJ has stopped working"

I'm also getting this whenever I hover the mouse over the central horizontal bar that contains the ticking clock and icons for Start/Stop/Pause/AutoDJ etc etc. Which makes it totally unusable.

Unlike JAylmer, when I hover/click over the rotating Ots logo or view/select menu items, mine doesn't crash.  :confused:

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit.

About to revert to previous version.  :angry1:

Jigger

I have win7 on two computers no problem with latest update everything working well except got 220 code but no big deal, I have yet to install it on win8 but will do that later.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

dickus51

I'm using Win7 ultimate 64 and works fine also the broadcaster version on a win7 professional machine.
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

Slippery

I am also having the same problems as John Aylmer. When I hover over the menu tab, Ots crashes.  I also had an issues where I was totally locked out and had no alternative but reinstall 1.90.000 2012/07/31.

Does anyone know the issue ???
:angry1:

Jigger

Win 7 I have been playing around to try and recreate the problems some are having, but everything working.
I like the way in ML albums are highlighted in a different colour.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

dickus51

I also have a Toshiba Notebook and win 7 home premium and all is fine there too. Very strange  :unsure:
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb: