Windows 8 & Breakaway DJ?

Started by Mike Sinclair, April 01, 2013, 06:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sinclair

Is anyone successfully using BDJ with Ots on Windows 8? I had it working perfectly on Windows 7, but cannot get it working on 8.

nextgen1

Have you contacted the author. I had a problem with the DJ version when it came out and he fixed it and put it out there.

Dr.J

I only had a Win8 machine for a couple of months. Never could get Breakaway to install (BAE version). Gave up trying and have since gone back to a Win7 laptop, never really enjoyed the Win8 experience.

As for contacting the author, Leif, you may come to a dead-end. He is currently working on other projects and Breakaway has been put on the back burner so to speak. It never hurts to try though.

Dj Buik

There is also a thread about this issue on the Breakaway forum.
Until now nobody responded :-(

You can contact the programmer (Leif Claesson) thru his Facebook site.
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Mike Sinclair

Maybe I'll try to contact Leif through Facebook... OR just go back to Windows 7. I don't mind 8, but I really like Breakaway DJ. Maybe Ots will upgrade their processor to a multi-band someday? (hey Ots Corp: wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

powerjam

Works great for me with Windows 8. I had a problem at first because the default audio card was set to 192khz, 24-bit audio which BDJ doesn't support. Set default audio to 16-bit, 44100hz, I am using BDJ as a bridge also for the Denon MC6000. With BDJ set to Asio Mode 48khz, 16-bit I am able to use the MC6000 controller with Windows 8 (or 7) with great sound using only the controller (MC6000) as the sound card for primary and cue audio. For some reason, even though the new Windows 8 laptop is more powerful than my last I had to set the Buffers for Line 1 and Line 2 Breakaway pipeline to 8 buffers instead of 4, but it is rock solid with 1.90.015 OtsAV DJ.
\"Might as well face it, I\'m addicted to Ots.\"

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BEPK, OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BHF9
Ots CD Scratch 1200 Deluxe PDI PA1M-8L4V
OtsBoomBox 3 Licenses PDI PAAA-BLMG