Visual FX vs Video Subsystem

Started by dj1, January 26, 2013, 10:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj1

Is there an easy way to switch back and forth between the two.

If you are playing a video and want to go to visual FX at some point in a video its easy just click visual FX and Geiss 2 starts and kinda crashes the Video sub system. That is no problem really has the Visual FX starts and displays on the screen instantly

However if you want to go back to displaying the video you have to stop the visual and fx manually  then click on the video icon to start the video to play on the large screen. By doing this you end up with a blank screen for a few second

Is there somehow this process be automated.

DJ Markus
www.usdj.co.uk

Jumpin' Jeff

Although the script is no longer available online, I have an AHK skript that taggles between Ots Video and the Ots Vis screens. I don't have the scripts with me currently, so I'll need to look tonight when I get back on my main system. It may also be here on the forums... I'll take a quick look.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jumpin' Jeff

Although this example uses milkdrop, this thread holds information I used to create the VisFx script with milkdrop to toggle between video and vis displays.
http://www.otsusers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8614.0

The 3rd page actually has the VisFx script. The visFX script references the defines script on the first post where all the codes are defined.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

dj1

I have no idea how to implement using code  I am using  Geiss 4.23

Jumpin' Jeff

I just tried looking at Geiss, and can't determine how to use it. There doesn't appear to be a way to configure to an alternate display, and I can't find a "host" on which to use to control as I did in the script.  I also found if I moved OtsAV to my second screen, and allowed Geiss to use my primary screen, I had do cursor to control Ots with anyhow.

I don't think in my current configuration with Win 7, Ots 1.90, and using Geiss, that I'll be of any help with this problem.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln