visuals

Started by whisper, November 29, 2012, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whisper

moving some video into ots format, to let it run in premises during christmas party nights..
all went ok..except i have a problem with some visuals..
they are phil bearman videos and the have converted ok to ots format..each video is roughly about 30 seconds long...no sound..just visuals.

for an idea what i'm talking about..please look here

http://philbearman.co.uk/shop/themed-visuals/11-christmas-modern/

http://philbearman.co.uk/shop/vdj-toolkit-1/

they are converting to ots format...but the full clip is not showing when i run it...is there a specific way in ots studio for it to show the full clip and save it as the full clip.....it's only showing about 6 seconds of a 30 second clip when i play through the program.

i'm not sure if anybody in here uses these visuals..if they do..how did you get round this..

thanks in advance
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

djandy

do you need to set the audio control info as they don't have sound ?
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ Pdi = PAR6-2WWQ
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic Pdi = PBHZ-5G5L
Karaoke CD+G Module Pdi = PAB2-MEAQ
Video Module Pdi = PAF6-3FTC

whisper

thanks for the reply..yes..there is no sound..and i think because of this the ots "algorithm" has picked this up...
i have looked at ots site and can't seem to find anything to help..

thanks

whisper

JAylmer

OTS doesn't like you having no audio.
As djandy pointed out you need to set the intro in and out points for each video using OTS Studio.
Open the OTS file using OTS Studio.
Look for "Audio Control Info" on the left hand side.
By using the graphical interface you can set the in and out points.
If you have no audio then ther may not be anything to work with in which case you will have to pick any audio file and import it into the OTS file so you can manipulate the Intro and outro points.
Expirement.

Jumpin' Jeff

Simply add a single silent audio track, the length of the longest video, to each album, as part of the global chunk, and it will be used for all tracks in that album, and they should be recognized by Ots for playback. This of course means that you must put all your visual tracks into grouped albums outside your normal albums. I'm not sure, as I haven't actually tried it, if a track in such an album, with it's own audio data would override this default chunk, but I suppose it would. You would still need to have an ACI chunk for each track in the album, configured for the length of that track. If they are all the same length however, it too could be housed in the default global chunk.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

whisper

sorry haven't reported back sooner..i found the answer in opening the "video" and manipulating the audio info .
i set the intro to 0 and set the the outro manually.
bit of a hassle..but worked out ok.

thanks for the help

:thumbsup: