Long Time Ots User Not Down Anymore About Esperance

Started by djriptide, November 12, 2012, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djriptide

I'm not a technical type of person, but do love to use the controls that techs build for us.  I was able to use my new OtsAv DJ Pro this past weekend for two different gigs.  If you read my previous post I went from Ots Boombox or lower to Esperance a few days before I was going to do these gigs and I was totally unhappy, confused, worried, etc about the new program.

Much water has passed under the bridge from those few days ago and now I wouldn't trade Esperance for any other program anywhere that I know of.  I Love It!

As I said, I don't know technical but I do know the following:

1.  My sound is probably at least a third better.  Base is killer and the sweetness is beautiful.  This fact in itself was worth my outlay.

2.  Most of the features of my old standard Boombox are still there, just situated in different places.  I like the folder drop down menu, it's faster, and I like to be able to start typing any time to bring up a title without having to click the cursor into the search blank.

3.  I like the BPM batch auto-detect.

4.  The Karaoke controls are nice except that I don't care for the writing that comes up every time you start a new song.  It takes a while to fade.  Other that that, it's great not to have to use two different programs and from Karaoke back to regular music is seamless.

4.  The color scheme is great for darkened rooms.  I also did an outdoor gig this past weekend and sunlight is not a friend of these colors.  I had to squint a lot and even use my cheaters just to see the screen for the next song.

5.  The library search is great but don't like the fact that if you are in a folder and you do a search, it only searches that folder.  Have to keep using the back arrow to get back to all the library songs before doing searches.

Well, thanks for reading this and I'm happy with Ots again, (I've loved them for years).  Just a couple of things for me would be nicer but as a whole, it's a great program.  My old data from Boombox worked perfectly when I loaded it into Esperance, whew...what a relief.

Jumpin' Jeff

Riptide,  for #5, instead of hitting the backspace to clear the search, just hit the delete key, or shift + delete to clear both the genre and the search fields. The next release is expected to add more color schemes. The BPM batch has been there since... well, ABM in Oct 2006. There have been several enhancements to the audio pipe since then which would likely explain the third difference you have encountered.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

djriptide

Thanks...yes, the delete key works great that's a lot better.  I'm working on the cue now trying to listen to one channel while the other is playing.  That's one of the reasons I wanted Esperance in the first place.  So far I'm not having much luck.  I'm using SB X-FI Extreme audio card that I put in a few days ago.  Trying to figure it out.