Milkdrop replacements???

Started by Jumpin' Jeff, October 17, 2012, 12:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin' Jeff

I haven't used Milkdropin some time, simply becuase the effort required to get it up and running these days on my windows 7 system. I stumbled across a couple new visualization plugins this morning on the winamp/milkdrop forums...

http://www.morphyre.com/
http://www.vsxu.com/

I've not yet tried either of these to even see if they are compatible, but thought I'd pass the info along, and also ask if you've found anything yourself to use instead of milkdrop.

I really, really wish Ots would impliment their own vis internal to OtsAV so this would become a non issue.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

CarTunes

I've been using on older version of G-Force for a long, long time.

I had taken the time to go through the help files and learned to add elements (text, pics, even small video files) that I can pull up at any time with a key press.  Really sweet.

Don't use it as much anymore since I play mostly videos, but it still comes in handy now and again.

R4 is one of the coolest looking ones I've ever seen but the price tag is way (by two or three digits) over my budget!  G-Force is much more affordable.
Scott Groleske
CarTunes Mobile DJ Service
http://www.cartunesdj.com
scott@cartunesdj.com
PDI: PAAA-BE93 & PAAA-BL7G

G-Wulf

Morphyre is an excellent visualisation program but alas seems incompatible with OTSAV. I would love to be able to use this to mix in with my VDJ club nights.

Does anyone have any ideas on how it could possibly be made compatible?

And why the hell don't OTS pull their fingers out and address the visualisation issues?

whisper

the very reason i didn't purchase esperance..lack of visuals.
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

tower

Quote from: G-Wulf on February 16, 2013, 05:39:32 PM
Morphyre is an excellent visualisation program but alas seems incompatible with OTSAV. I would love to be able to use this to mix in with my VDJ club nights.

Does anyone have any ideas on how it could possibly be made compatible?

And why the hell don't OTS pull their fingers out and address the visualisation issues?

For the same reason they seem to be unable to provide video support for Windows 8.   I now have 4 of my clients who have (against my advice) gone out and purchased Windows 8 machines and found that Ots will not run the Video Overlay as Microsoft have changed to rules again on the new OS.   It would seem that my loss of income (These clients have not gone over the Virtual DJ and left my organisation) is of no concern to Ots.   Perhaps there programmer has gone over to Virtual DJ as well and that is the whole problem.

I provide leased hardware with remote desktop technical support and pre installed Ots and legal music common library in Ots format for all members of my group and this lack of Windows 8 video support is now directly affecting my customer base.

There are a lot of issues, as well as a lack of Visualisation for audio only tracks, we can not import INDUSTRY STANDARD MP4 Video into Ots Studio and must use 3rd party converter software to turn them into MPEG2 files first making mass import into Ots format of legal purchased video a 2 stage pain in the neck.   I could go on but what is the point, my custom is important to Ots.   They claim I am a minority... when I request MP4 Video import in Ots Studio  !!!!

Yet Promo Only, Xtendamix, The Video Pool and many other suppliers of licensed for playback in Public Music Video's ONLY supply in MP4 format now.   Wake up OTS I will not wait forever.
Tom Waller International Music Service (Canada and Malta)

milky

Whisper, we are a SUPPORT group, not a wailing wall for disgruntled users. Take up your issues with Ots Corp, and leave us out of it.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38