Ots files to MP3

Started by frankiej, August 20, 2012, 12:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankiej

Hi Folks

Im looking to convert my OTS files to MP3 as a back up to add to my hard drive of my Denon HD2500 controller in case of laptop failure. What is the best way to convert these as mass bulk or is it a case of converting albums one by one?

Many Thanks

Frankie

Jigger

I am not sure but if I right click on an Ots file I get the option to convert to mp3 which would mean selecting the files, there use to be an Ots file converter which came with early editions of Ots I wil check to see if I still have it but I am doubtful.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

frankiej

Thanks Jigger that would be great.

Ideally I would like to convert albums instead of individually tracks!!!

Dr.J

I have a Denon HD2500 that I sometimes us for backup. Remember you are restricted to the internal 40GB hard drive, so you might not want to convert your whole music library. What I did was select the popular individual songs from my OtsAlbums and export them to a group folder. I then made up several folders (Rock, Dance, Country, Top40, etc.) that I would use for navigation in the HD2500 (it only has a small screen) as you don't want to be navigating too many album folders.

Try a sample batch before you get too far along to see what works for you.

Jumpin' Jeff

You can already export entire Ots Albums one at a time. Open in studio, file>export, choose to where, and OK.
Its actually easier to do that than individual tracks anyhow.
As far as doing the entire library, any utility I can think of came before albums were available, so I'm not sure it will work on todays albums.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7