Esperance 1.90 observations & Suggestions

Started by interactive dj, August 02, 2012, 10:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ots_Steve

Hi Nick,

Quote from: djnpd on August 04, 2012, 12:36:27 AM
Can you show me a way to do this via OHML system?

It is OMQL (OHML is the controller language). :)

Jeff had it perfect in his reply post to you above. Nice Jeff.

Quote from: djnpd on August 04, 2012, 12:36:27 AM
Another question regarding the OHML queries alrady made for us, is there a way to add out own to the list?

Not in this release. They are just helpful quick examples you can use a starter and then modify in the line.

Ots_Steve

Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

Darryl

Milky {Ctrl}P in AHK is <Ctrl>+<Shift>+p since capital P is <Shift>+p.  Try changing your script to ^p or {Ctrl}p (depending on your prefered AHK syntax).
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

funkmachine

Here are a couple of problems I have experienced

1) .K does not show my Karaoke items. However, .g shows them. (therefore the option to show Karaoke items doesn't work)

2) !avail does not show the unavailable items in my library.

Did I somehow get a bad install?

Please advise.

Darryl

.k will only show karaoke items if they are flagged as karaoke in the Ots Album files (it's part of the ACI chunk if I recall).
!avail works for me (it correctly shows "0 items matched" in the status line above the OMQL search since I don't have any unavailable items).

Are you sure you have unavailable items?  Also note that there is an option to hide unavailable items in the Items drop down menu to the right of the Media Library window.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

milky

Ots_Steve. Thank you for your observations. Of course, I tried all the keyboard combinations first, and, of course they worked. Please don't put me down. I know how to write code - been doing it probably longer than you and Adam have been on this planet. My work-around works, but the other option doesn't. I have just tried another program which also simulates keystrokes - same result. It is not the end of the world. I only use it for my own convenience so I can control Ots whilst outside, If you don't fix it, I'm over it. I only brought it up because I thought it might have been an underlying bigger bug.

Darryl, thanks. I've tried every combination. According to Ots, either upper or lower "P" should work.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

hubert17

These are my suggestions and observations:

- DELETE FROM LIST
is too close to
REMOVE FROM MEDIA LIBRARY
which a dangerous option.

- EJECT button - I wish for a bigger one but not that close to LOOP buttons

- Remove RIGHT CLICK option for <END OF LIST>

- Tool Tip for Media Library item with longer title and artist

- Text Status only update when an Item is loaded to the deck but will not if you manually eject the item.
  Deck actions should always update the Text Status e.g. Manually loading item to Deck B will update the
 Text status to "Loaded to Deck B: song/artist"
  If this item is ejected before it is played on Deck B, then Text Status will just say Now playing Deck A...
  If none is playing on Deck A, then it will just say Ejected from Deck B: song/artist.

These is it for now.  :thumbsup:
OtsAV on Windows 7

funkmachine

Thanks Darryl,

!avail worked once I unchecked "Hide Items/Albums marked unavailable"

Also, I found the Karaoke flag inside the Audio Control Chunk. Which leads me to my next question, is there any way to flag these chuncks as a batch (I have over 15k Karaoke Files)?

Ots_Steve

Quote from: milky on August 04, 2012, 02:11:06 PM
Ots_Steve. Thank you for your observations. Of course, I tried all the keyboard combinations first, and, of course they worked. Please don't put me down. I know how to write code - been doing it probably longer than you and Adam have been on this planet. My work-around works, but the other option doesn't. I have just tried another program which also simulates keystrokes - same result. It is not the end of the world. I only use it for my own convenience so I can control Ots whilst outside, If you don't fix it, I'm over it. I only brought it up because I thought it might have been an underlying bigger bug.

Darryl, thanks. I've tried every combination. According to Ots, either upper or lower "P" should work.

Hi Milky,

That is strange.

Be assured, I wouldn't ever put you down :) and on the contrary have a lot of respect for your dedication on this forum and technical ability and understanding. I am simply trying to understand why AHK wouldn't work when simulating the same key strokes that a human would do. As I can't know your script or version of AHK, etc., I've got to cover the possibilities even if some of them may seem obvious and was hoping you would confirm and help narrow down (which you have).

So it would seem it may be the way the AHK program interacts with OtsAV. I would guess the SHIFT is not being released after the stop command from AHK for some reason.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.

Ots_Steve
Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

kmorris

My 2 cents...

Overall, this is a very significant release and I love it.  The new library features are simply brilliant, and I can't say for sure, but audio quality seemed to have improved my last 2 shows.

Only real gripe: I wish I had the ability to regain screen real estate by placing the video monitors where the turntables are. Not a huge deal on my main machine, but my backup notebook has a considerably smaller screen. If I get to the point of using it, I don't need turntables. I always need video monitors.

As others stated... the color scheme can be difficult to view when I get tired toward the end of the evening. Key change could be less mysterious, I'm used to up/down in half steps.

Bug? While the scroll wheel on a mouse works great... the right edge finger-drag equivalent on a touchpad no longer does. It's not a big issue, but it worked previously and I relied on it a lot.

Very well done, guys. Thank you!
OtsAV PDI: PAAA-BEWA / PAM3-YXA3
Ots Studio: PAAA-BMG2

H8ytr

My observations so far

I've set up for a wedding tonight and I have my current DJ laptop with 1.85 on and this is my main gig machine..

I've got my work laptop with the trial on:

a) Sounds better on 1.90
b) When you type to search and a song is highlighted, if you scroll down the list, the screen is always moving back up to the highlighted song....it's horrible, unusable for me....I keep trying to scroll down but OTS keeps moving back up to the highlighted song!
c) New laptop, new trial software, so I have to select all and add to category again....WHY oh why is there not an ADD ALL button when adding cats....I've had to press YES 128 times!...yes it's OK to add DANCE as a category, please just add all of them without asking me!
d) Font for players is harder to read...definitely preferred the colours of the old one....
e) Everything seems so crammed in on the players....PITCH, TEMPO, KEY, DIR....all squashed up as are the looping buttons
f) Are there shortcut keys for looping?
g) WHY is there still not an option to stop video playing and go back to slideshow if you don't want to show the video...I don't want to have to buy a DENON HC4500 just to be able to do this
h) What is HC7400 on the players mean?
i) Video screens could've easily been next to players instead of wasting all that valuable space needed for playlist etc

More to come I expect!!

H8ytr

ok strange snapping back to highlighted song has stopped now....strange!

I like the placeholders highlighted in red!  very easy to see

playing both laptops in sync...gonna try and do this all night and use both when I get asked for requests

H8ytr

another thing :)

Really need to be able to resize the columns....I can't see all the different edits of songs I've got....all I can see is

Alors On Danse (
Alors On Danse (
Alors On Danse (

with the old version, you could resize the columns....another big thing that hinders me on 1.90

H8ytr

Would much rather be able to remove Pitch, tempo, Key and Dir as I see fit so I could see move of the title and artist info!  or make the looping buttons bigger

H8ytr

there has got to be an easy bit of coding to be able to enable us to move the categories around a lot easier than the old, Move UP Move Down way....takes ages to sort them out in the order you want.....maybe ability to order by category with most songs desc/asc etc

BJ

Thanks Steve, I figured it had something to do with the number of mp3's I was importing. I converted everything to ots and everything went smooth as silk.

Again Thanks for The Help

BJ