Esperance 1.90 observations & Suggestions

Started by interactive dj, August 02, 2012, 10:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interactive dj

Here are a few observations and suggestions I would like to make after using this great product

1) The clock/counter shows a ">" in counter mode but not for clock mode - there is not need for ">" in either mode
2) When changing the mode of the clock/counter the new "started playing" time format doesnt change until a track change.
3) The spinning OTS symbol/licence line could be narrower to allow more space for the deck height
4) The background space above and below the decks could be used to increase the deck height without loos of visual impact
5) I still think a popup when hovering over a library track would be nice as the column width is fixed. Thereby showing more information.
6) Looping is great, just need a 3rd deck now
7) Right click menu that shows "Remove from Library" needs moving as it is to close to non dangerous items. The warning is way to similiar to other warnings and maybe should be in red. Alternativly only allow this menu option with say the addition of the "Ctrl" key within the menu.
8) You can right click the "<End of List>" and get a menu up which is not necessary and could be confusing.
9) in the graphic eq window it would look better if when the eq is active on the left or right channel is change from say red to green
10) The "gold" control buttons you can pause after a stop which will then will not start using the play button because pause is on. pause should not be possible in stop mode.
11) The "gold" control buttons interaction with the decks "Green" play/pause button. After a gold button pause the deck green button play will not start the deck but after a gold button stop the green button play will start the deck.
12) Using the "!.k" in the OMQL means I do NOT show my karaoke items in the library list

Martin
Martin

OtsAV upto V2.0 PDI=PAAA-BGF3
OtsAV upto V2.0 PDI=PBLA-TTJB
Karaoke Module PDI=PBZK-FF2T

Jumpin' Jeff

Honestly, I always thought the play button should deactivate the pause key.

As for 12, does that not already work properly for you? It does for me less the "". "!.K" IMO would indicate to Ots that it's looking for that specific category/Genre.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

milky

I've just pdated my AHK code for my X10 remote to send the key combinations for Play, Pause, Stop etc. As Interactive DJ points out. Once I have issued a STOP, pressing PLAY (or sending the Ctl + P key sequence) makes the Pause button flash, and the PLAY does not work. I tend to toggle Pause on/off rather than Stop/Play, but it is a minor annoyance when using the remote.

[Note - accidental edit - restored to normal]
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

BJ

Sometime during the night ots stopped working.I was Bringing songs into the Meadia library. None that had been brought in were saved. I had not saved anything during the process. Oh well guess I'll Start Over.

BJ

Ots_Steve

Hi Milky,

Quote from: milky on August 03, 2012, 04:38:42 AM
I've just pdated my AHK code for my X10 remote to send the key combinations for Play, Pause, Stop etc. As Interactive DJ points out. Once I have issued a STOP, pressing PLAY (or sending the Ctl + P key sequence) makes the Pause button flash, and the PLAY does not work. I tend to toggle Pause on/off rather than Stop/Play, but it is a minor annoyance when using the remote.

Global pause works exactly the same way as it did in 1.85 and earlier versions of OtsAV. If you use global pause to pause all playing decks, it will flash (or in older versions turn red) and you must press global pause to resume.

Are you just referring to this same global pause functionality that has always worked this way in OtsAV, or do you have a specific sequence which doesn't seem to be working as it did in 1.85? If so, please state the exact sequence from opening OtsAV fresh so we can reproduce it.

Thanks,
Ots_Steve

Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

Ots_Steve

Quote from: interactive dj on August 02, 2012, 10:48:20 PM
12) Using the "!.k" in the OMQL means I do NOT show my karaoke items in the library list

Hi Martin,

That is correct. !.k in the OMQL filter means:

!=not
.k=karaoke-attributed items.

So the filter is effectively "show not karaoke-attributed items", or in other words "show everything except items which have a karaoke-attribute". Therefore everything other than karaoke-attributed items will show.

Ots_Steve

Ots_Steve

Quote from: BJ on August 03, 2012, 11:41:49 AM
Sometime during the night ots stopped working.I was Bringing songs into the Meadia library. None that had been brought in were saved. I had not saved anything during the process. Oh well guess I'll Start Over.

BJ

Hi BJ,

That would most likely indicate there was a badly corrupted or incompliant MP3/WAV file which caused a problem on import.

You would be able to tell which as an OMX file is created for each MP3 or WAV you import. Just look for the folder that only has half the OMXs created and the next file will be the culprit - which you could try importing again to confirm. The import process doesn't have to start again from the beginning because the time consuming part with MP3/WAV files is the creation of the OMX file and that progress is saved file by file.

Of course, if you have a general problem with your machine (some bad memory sectors, OS corruption, etc.) that could cause a crash too.

We recommend using Ots files. You can batch convert your MP3/WAV files in the utility Ots Studio to Ots files and effectively filter any corrupt/problematic media files at that stage.

Ots_Steve

sweet-lovelle

I like to have the clock, play buttons etc bar twice as big as it is now with bigger font size (same size as the OtsAV font on top).
In my personal opinion the gold play buttons don't match to the rest of the amazing new look.
I like to have the same button style used within the player decks.
Text behind the started time could be shorten to just started deck A and deck B to get more space for long artist and title information.
It would be amazing if we can get the playing end time in that line too and a change of artist/title text color or a blinking text for the last 10 seconds of a song.

Just my 2 cents here :)

Jumpin' Jeff

I would like to see the list play times reflect the correct beat mixed time. When you enable, or disable ABM, the time should reflect the differences of the mix styles.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

jeff wood

id prefer it if you could turn off the mixer , you dont need it when your using a controller....

Bryan Durio

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+: PAV1-VFZA
OtsAV Radio Webcaster: PBVZ-51GE

I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

It's all just ones and zeros. :p

milky

Quote from: Ots_Steve on August 03, 2012, 02:04:31 PM
Hi Milky,

Global pause works exactly the same way as it did in 1.85 and earlier versions of OtsAV. If you use global pause to pause all playing decks, it will flash (or in older versions turn red) and you must press global pause to resume.

Are you just referring to this same global pause functionality that has always worked this way in OtsAV, or do you have a specific sequence which doesn't seem to be working as it did in 1.85? If so, please state the exact sequence from opening OtsAV fresh so we can reproduce it.

Thanks,
Ots_Steve

Hi Ots_Steve. Sorry, I didn't describe that very well.
Using the keyboard, I can Pause and un-Pause by the Ctl+Shift+P. Similarly, I can Stop (Ctl+Shift+S) and Play (Ctl+P). Works a treat.
I have an X10 wireless remote I use to control Ots from a distance. I am using an Auto Hot Key script to send the same key sequences to the program as though I had pressed them on the keyboard. I have programmed in Play, Stop, Pause, Previous and Next, and all but Play works perfectly. When I send a Play command (Ctl+P) after having sent a Stop command (Ctl+Shift+S), instead of playing, Ots is interpreting it as a Pause and the Pause button flashes.

I got around the problem by issuing an Alt + F which brings up the menu window, then C+{enter}, which selects the "Control" option and Play is the first option on that menu. This is similar to what the script used to do for all the transport commands, before 1.90. It would just be more efficient if the Ctl+P option worked.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

djnpd

Ots Steve,

Is there a way to hide Karaoke and Video files in the library, this could also be done to remove Audio files for Karaoke DJs.

Can you show me a way to do this via OHML system?

Another question regarding the OHML queries alrady made for us, is there a way to add out own to the list?

Cheers
Nick Pollock

Jumpin' Jeff

Nick, just do an OMQL query of
!.v&!.k
If you want only karaoke files, insert .k in the query field.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Ots_Steve

Quote from: milky on August 03, 2012, 11:45:04 PM
Hi Ots_Steve. Sorry, I didn't describe that very well.
Using the keyboard, I can Pause and un-Pause by the Ctl+Shift+P. Similarly, I can Stop (Ctl+Shift+S) and Play (Ctl+P). Works a treat.
I have an X10 wireless remote I use to control Ots from a distance. I am using an Auto Hot Key script to send the same key sequences to the program as though I had pressed them on the keyboard. I have programmed in Play, Stop, Pause, Previous and Next, and all but Play works perfectly. When I send a Play command (Ctl+P) after having sent a Stop command (Ctl+Shift+S), instead of playing, Ots is interpreting it as a Pause and the Pause button flashes.

I got around the problem by issuing an Alt + F which brings up the menu window, then C+{enter}, which selects the "Control" option and Play is the first option on that menu. This is similar to what the script used to do for all the transport commands, before 1.90. It would just be more efficient if the Ctl+P option worked.

Hi Milky,

That sounds like an AutoHotKey problem or a problem with your script, because if you test these three shortcuts from within OtsAV (without a script) they all do exactly as expected:

Ctl+Shift+S = Global Stop
Ctl+P = Global Play
Ctl+Shift+P = Global Pause

Using the keyboard in OtsAV to perform the same sequence you mentioned just now, worked as expected:

Ctl+Shift+S
Ctl+P
Ctl+Shift+S
Ctl+P

This did not trigger any pauses, just stop, play, stop, play.

Not sure why your AHK script would behave differently.

Ots_Steve