Search For A song

Started by Gary, August 02, 2012, 02:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Firstly I am a big fan of OTS DJ. I have been using for a long time. I guess the latest update is like buying a new car. When you get in the new car you have to workout where all the new controls are.. Sometimes they are in a different place and sometimes there is a new way to do something.

I have been trying to figure out how I search for a song. 1.85 was simple I just click on the search icon typed a few letters, the songs appeared.

I am right to think that you have to search within categories?

I'll be honest only some of my library is categorised. This there a simple way that I can search the whole library for a song?   

denny542

To the right of OMQL at the top of the library it says search. If it doesn't, hit the delete button and it will clear the search field. Then type in the artist name or song name and it will search. You can also perform searches now by inserting ^ in between the artist and song name to narrow down your search. If you don't want to look in a certain category, make sure the OMQL field is empty. That should do it!

Gary

Thanks for the fast reply.

I also found that if you type all in that box it works

I think this new search is much better. I use to leave the search box floating. The problem was that it was in the way.

I know I am going to love this version

Jigger

The beauty of the search is just type at any time and results will show, you can search all files ot by cat.
Another good thing if you highlight anything in your ml just hit the enter key on your keyboard ant it will go to playlist or prep area, you can decide if you want to go to active playlist prep.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro