Installing Esperance question ?

Started by Hayd, August 02, 2012, 05:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayd

I have a full OTSdj Pro licence from last year which allows me the free upgrade ( only been using the demo till now ). Is it possible to download and run Esperance alongside 1.85 on the same pc. I would like to install it on my performance laptop to test but there is no way I can chance problems with it for my upcoming gigs and will need to revert it all back again ?

Glen J. Millar

Unless you have 2 licenses, the short answer is.....No.

I would recommend that you use the trial version for the next 30 days and get used to it. And REALLY test it out. Let it run for a week. Test all the features. And after about 25 days, if you are happy with Esperance, then install the licensed version but, before you do, back up all of your v1.85 data as well as the v1.85 installer in case you want to go back.

If you want to install v1.90 next to v1.85 you need a license for each instance that you have installed/running.

MusicmadUK

I have and am sure plenty of people have installed along side their older version of ots, using a temp license for bench testing, however I wouldn't use the default the install directory for the 1.90 version.

I have taken this opportunity to change which machines I have my licenses assigned to, mainly due to the increase in the "co branding" which has now returned to after every video and I am currently running temp licenses on both machines, my licenses are OtsAV TV Broadcaster and OTSAV DJ Pro btw.

If I am asked to remove the original activated licenses while I am "bench testing" I will, but seeing as I am using the allowed "temp" licenses I can't really see it being a problem.

Machine 1 is a Quad Core Desktop PC which is my studio pc and used for testing abm, video watermarks etc this currently has OtsAV TV Broadcaster with an active license
Machine 2 is a i3 Laptop with OTSAV DJ Pro with an active license

Perhaps OTS themselves could clarify?

Kev :)

Hayd

Cheers I think I'll install the 30 day trial alongside and see how that goes.

MusicmadUK

Quote from: Hayd on August 02, 2012, 11:52:33 AM
Cheers I think I'll install the 30 day trial alongside and see how that goes.

Just to clarify I have installed the *FULL* versions and they are running on temp licenses not the 30 day trial, you will need to go through the licensing procedure online
and you will receive a 220 error, but you can test the full version on a 7 day temp license

Kev