OtsAV 1.90 - Esperance update important information

Started by Glen J. Millar, August 02, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ots_Steve

Quote from: cyberbeat on August 20, 2012, 07:49:45 PM
Hey, don't worry about it.  I'm sure they'll just change the name again and then your license won't be valid anyway because it's for OtsAV ... and not for whatever the new branding is.  Afterall, isn't that how Ots Corp (oh I mean OtsLabs) works with their products i.e. OtsJuke/Pro/DJ/Radio/AV/TV/Esperance, etc?

Hi Cyberbeat,

Sorry, you're totally off base with your comment there. The historical name changes from OtsJuke DJ -> OtsDJ -> OtsAV DJ had no bearing on license entitlements. OtsJuke DJ Pro (with free upgrades to 2.0) license holders still have exactly the same entitlements with their OtsAV DJ Pro (with free upgrades to 2.0) license. These were just a cosmetic name change to align with the overall nature of the product at the time of each change.

Radio and TV were newly introduced product lines and Esperance is just a codename for the 1.90-series of releases.

Your insinuation that we historically change product names to invalidate licenses is completely false and unwarranted.

Keep it factual please.

Ots_Steve

Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

Jigger

Steve, those of us that have been around since the begining know that the name changes never affected what we had.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

scott hanna

I do believe there is a big difference between not being happy with a situation, and accusing a company of deliberately doing something to try to screw over it's customer base.

Being a long time OTS user and a holder of a group of licenses, I have never questioned OTS's integrity or their commitment to making a great product.

Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything, or be happy about every decision they make.  But if I believe they were out to try to screw anyone, I would have been gone a long time ago.
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

Mike Sinclair

Quote from: scott hanna on August 22, 2012, 02:37:33 PM
I do believe there is a big difference between not being happy with a situation, and accusing a company of deliberately doing something to try to screw over it's customer base.

Being a long time OTS user and a holder of a group of licenses, I have never questioned OTS's integrity or their commitment to making a great product.

Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything, or be happy about every decision they make.  But if I believe they were out to try to screw anyone, I would have been gone a long time ago.

Agreed! And well said, Scott.

Phunge

Wow, it's really a shame to come back here after all these years and see the tone of this thread.  As a developer myself, I understand the effort involved in software engineering, as well as sales & marketing to a certain extent.  Steve -- kudos to the OTS team for another outstanding release.  I'm a casual user/hobbyist who purchased back in '99.  I am thrilled that I am still able to download the latest updates.  I don't actively DJ (just occasional parties), but I have turned several DJs onto OTS and they are also extremely pleased.

I'd like to see more discussion on the software itself.  For me, this release addresses ALL of my previous dislikes:
1.  Ability to resize the window infinitely!  Yes!
2.  Ability to see decks/ turntables/mixer without having to cycle the center display
3.  Search box in the main Window!  OMQL is very powerful, but most often I know the name of the tune and just want to get to it quickly.  Used the search in 1.85 constantly, and I love how it's now on the main screen, and combined with the OMQL.  Nicely done!
4.  Ability to view the playlist, prepare list & library all at once
5.  Generally I love the new layout options, as it finally allows me to take advantage of the real-estate my 30" monitor provides
6.  Autosave on exit -- hate to say it, but, FINALLY!!!! thanks!
7.  Ability to drive without using the mouse -- I'm a keyboard guy, 1.9 responds to keyboard input at all times, and I find I rarely need the mouse now.

Couple of minor wants:
1.  Smoother workflow to go from a song in OtsAV, to edit that song in Studio, then apply my changes back in OtsAV. If I want to prepare a song 'on the fly' that has not previously been setup for auto beat matching, it's a bit awkward to get into studio, then get the updates to reflect back in OTSAV.  Not hard, but this process could be streamlined and made more intuitive.
2.  RAC server -- had high hopes for this feature, but it seems to have stagnated.  It would be so cool to have an ipad setup where people could search the library, and 'request' a song -- the requests could be added to the 'kareoke' list, or perhaps a new requests list, which I could then integrate into the playlist as required. 

Now, i'm thinking I may actually bite the bullet and get a hardware controller.  I like the Denon 4500, but I wish it had a crossfader...

mpanda

Quote from: Phunge on August 30, 2012, 01:34:35 AM

6.  Autosave on exit -- hate to say it, but, FINALLY!!!! thanks!

does it mean you cannot choose if to save oml or not anymore?
Mario Voiello
Media Consultant - Milan - Italy
PAJJ-Y3YT - OTSTT Pro 2 licenses
PA13-JCY7 - PACH-YNM6 OTSDJ pro 3 licenses

Darryl

No - you still have the choice.  If you wish to use the auto save feature turn it on from the main menu.  If you find yourself wanting to undo your changes to the Media Library (i.e. save without saving), you can turn auto save off from the main menu and quit Ots AV where you will be prompted in the same way as before.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

milky

Personally, I'd rather still have that choice. Mind you, I have a "SaveOML" directive in each of my templates which fires every hour, so it would only be the last part hour that would or wouldn't update in the OML.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

mpanda

Thanks Darryl.

I think it's useful to be free to choose it or not as you could run some test without affecting oml.
Mario Voiello
Media Consultant - Milan - Italy
PAJJ-Y3YT - OTSTT Pro 2 licenses
PA13-JCY7 - PACH-YNM6 OTSDJ pro 3 licenses

Rocket88

Hello Everyone, I have been AWOL mostly since my injury in '08 and the widowmaker just about got me last year, but I'm still kicking, just not as high or far.. about 12 years with ots and jumpin jeff.. sure dint seem that long, wish I could remember more of it.  anyway I can remember that this is the place to ask a question so here goes

have a laptop with 1.9 trial on and running out,, and have a 1.9 token ready to go..  the question.... do I need to un install the trial and then install the full version    or install the full version over the trial..or does it matter ?? .

as always any and all responses appreciated

Later,

Rocket 88

PDI PAAA-BE3M OtsDj x2
PDI PAAK-7QY3 (S&L)

Jigger

Just install the licensed version you should be alright, I have never uninstalled when upgrading in the past.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

milky

Welcome back, Rocket88! I am pretty certain that, once you install the registration details, the trial version will become the version you have purchased.

Jumpin' Jeff

Welcome back Rocket!
As you don't have to register the trial version, you don't actually have to uninstall it, but it does take up some registry space if you don't do it prior to installing the registered version....But not alot, and even uninstalling an app doesn't assure you totally clean it from your system. Personally, I would not uninstall after installing the registered version, as it might accidently erase something you want to keep behind. You can always simply delete the OtsAVxxt.exe if you don't need/want it on your system.

Milky,
Nope! The trial version is just that, a trial version. If you look at ahk spy, the trial's ahk_class is OtsAVt. The registry also indicates it as the trial. It can't be registered, and one reason why the cracks don't work with it.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

milky

My bad, JJ. It was a very long time ago that I ran the trial.

Rocket88

Hello Jigger, Milky and Jeff !  Thanks to each of you for the support.   It had been several years since I had used a trial version and I don't remember for sure but the first time I Licensed it May have been before Otszone was used,  anyway it was quick, painless and flawless.. It still cracks me up when the "scratch sfx .... Here comes the Music " Plays.. we just don't get to hear it that often....

btw to anyone who can remember, did the early early versions of OtsJuke have a great sounding female voice over during installation ??

Thanks to Adam, Steve and Ots for a Quality Product..

Listen to What You Enjoy, Enjoy What you Listen to, That is why this broken up old man has his ots.

.  and to steal a line

"Live Every Moment, Love Every Day... "   

Later,

Rocket 88

PDI PAAA-BE3M OtsDj x2
PDI PAAK-7QY3 (S&L)