OtsAV 1.90 - Esperance update important information

Started by Glen J. Millar, August 02, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen J. Millar

Around 13 hours ago we released our highly anticipated new version of OtsAV  - 1.90 aka Esperance.   

In these last 13 hours we have received more email and web traffic than  we've EVER received before at release time.   

Thank you for your interest and support - really! It helps makes all the  efforts of our team worthwhile :) And it makes it all real for us. Please  understand that we may be slower to respond to enquiries throughout this  period due to the sheer volume.   

We'd ask that you PLEASE READ the following information carefully to  understand the options available for running or upgrading to Esperance:-    Esperance (the entire OtsAV 1.90 series) is a FREE UPGRADE to the following  classes of licenses:   

- OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ 1.85 [with free upgrades to 2.0] - note: NOT other  types of OtsAV DJ licenses.   
- OtsAV Radio Broadcaster 1.85   
- OtsAV TV Broadcaster 1.85   
- Anyone who purchased an OtsAV full license (not an upgrade) on or after  July 18, 2011. (Though this category requires manual processing and some  communication. Please stay tuned for further information shortly).   

For OTHER license types; OtsAV DJ Silver, OtsAV Radio Webcaster, OtsAV TV  Webcaster, and versions earlier than 1.85 or other products such as  OtsTurntables or OtsBoomBox - we are CURRENTLY RUNNING A 7-DAY LIMITED  ESPERANCE UPGRADE OFFER.   

These offers upgrade you to 1.90 which means YOU GET ALL FURTHER 1.90-series  (Esperance) UPGRADES FOR FREE - not just this current upgrade.   

View the available offers here:   

http://ots.gs/2Ap   

Remember these offers are ONLY available for the NEXT 7 DAYS.   

If you are unsure which license type you have, take a look at My Licenses at  OtsZone.com (you'll need to log in to your OtsZone.com account).   

For those wishing to purchase a NEW license for OtsAV 1.90/Esperance, also  look here:   

http://ots.gs/2Ap   

And if you've been hiding under a rock and haven't yet read about Esperance,  see here:   

http://ots.gs/2Az   

In the meantime, we'll do our best to respond to enquires as we're able. 

Again, thank you for helping make our launch great!   

Enjoy :)   

The Team @ Ots Labs

scott hanna

Ouch.  $189 is the normal upgrade price from pro 1.85.  Even the  7 day special pricing of $149 seems a bit steep.

I guess I was thinking it was going to be cheaper.

I have one 2.0 license and one I bought within the last year, so those two will be upgraded

But i told the guys that I'm not going to pay to upgrade the 3 pro licenses I have.  Not for $570 or even $450.
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

Willem

Quote from: scott hanna on August 02, 2012, 02:35:28 AM
Ouch.  $189 is the normal upgrade price from pro 1.85.  Even the  7 day special pricing of $149 seems a bit steep.

I have FREE upgrades up to version 2, seeing as 1.90 is still bellow 2.0... So yes I'm entitled...
Cheers
Willem

PDI = PBLG-JZN8  OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic 1.85 [Upgrade
PDI = PARM-1AJ9  OtsAV Radio Broadcaster 1.90
PDI = PBGR-1GQX  OtsAV Radio Broadcaster 1.90
PDI = PB7A-N7FD  OtsAV DJ Pro 1.90

4 Licences

Audioot

Pro Classic 1.85 with free upgrade here, but can only download the DJ 1.90 version? Does that have the S&L module (as it used to be called) in it?
I use RADIO, and it seems to be not in there?  At least not in the trial.

Marcel
PDI: PBHQ-8L9Q - OtsAV Dj Pro Classic+
AOR, Classic+Symphonic Rock & Occasional Electronic Music....
Twitter: @radioeileen

Tim Peeters

For the Radio guys here... Is it just me or has it come to your attention too that simply nothing has changed for Radio users except from the GUI...?

I was hoping to see things like the intro point worked out, true artist separation (I mean with different artists on each line),... That daypart thing is not even so important because you can achieve just the same when you are a bit creative with the categories...

It's very sad to see the devopment of OtsAV more and more towards DJ's. It's like they completely forgot about us :-(

Audioot

I read a statement here somewhere from Adam that the radio stuff was left out to meet the deadline, but it's "near-finished".
Should not be too long. Also read the next version to be 1.90.000 ;)

Marcel

Tim Peeters

Hmm I've just read it... It's sad. But I'll just stick with the old Ots for now, it's done a great job the last 6 years. I'll look forward to a real "radio" upgrade...

Dj Buik

I have 3 Pro Classic+ (free upgrade till v2.0) licenses for OtsAV DJ.

Also i have 2 'normal' Pro Classic licenses. I would love to upgrade these to Esperance (DJ or broadcast, i've not decided that)

But before i want to do that i want to know which features are gonna be within these upgrade(s).

149 dollar is indeed a little steep if you do not know what features will be inside these upgrade's

Please let us now what are your plans with Esperance DJ, Broadcast etc so we can decide if we buy the upgrades within these 7 days.

Ots quote on the Esperance website:
QuoteContinued improvements and implementations of features, large and small, that we don't wish to detail here and at this time.

Is that too much to ask for?
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Ots_Adam

Quote from: Dj Buik on August 02, 2012, 09:50:32 AM
I have 3 Pro Classic+ (free upgrade till v2.0) licenses for OtsAV DJ.

Also i have 2 'normal' Pro Classic licenses. I would love to upgrade these to Esperance (DJ or broadcast, i've not decided that)

But before i want to do that i want to know which features are gonna be within these upgrade(s).

149 dollar is indeed a little steep if you do not know what features will be inside these upgrade's

Please let us now what are your plans with Esperance DJ, Broadcast etc so we can decide if we buy the upgrades within these 7 days.

Ots quote on the Esperance website:

Is that too much to ask for?

Hi DJ Buik,

I understand your desire for more information to help you make a decision. The problem is to be truthful, we never really know even ourselves exactly *what* will be ready and when - that's just the nature of product development of this kind.

So if we go out on a limb and state X, Y & Z, and then it turns out only X & Z, and perhaps lower-case 'y' are able to be implemented in a given release by a given time, then as a customer, you're going to jump up and down as we had stated the former.

I can say the following: If you have some licenses that are for radio use and you're upgrading them, then definitely upgrade to a radio package, because the fact that there's any radio features at all in the DJ package is just an anachronism of the past. The DJ packages will not be receiving radio-specific features. Keep in mind, of course, that some features are so simple or basic that they end up in all the packages. But features specifically targetting broadcast use will not generally be in the DJ products.

The DJ products do not include Scheduling and haven't for many years. (Very early "Pro-Classic+" licenses unlock Scheduling but this is not stable or guaranteed into the future. It's just not feasible to maintain Radio features in a DJ product for a small subset of legacy licenses - far better that those customers wanting radio features just cross-grade to a radio package, and when there's more radio features available they'll want to naturally anyway. Ots Labs can't automatically cross-grade those customers, because we don't know which Pro-Classic+ customers are using the product for radio use as opposed to DJ use.)

So in your case, the way I'd probably look at it is like this. If your desire to upgrade or not depends entirely on exactly what radio features will be in future 1.90 releases then you really have no choice but to wait until all of the 1.90 releases have come out and determine after each one whether you find any particular addition compelling for your usage case - and then upgrade at that point.

The 7-day upgrade offer is intended for customers who already know they want to upgrade to 1.90 based on whatever has already been released combined with the information published about future releases - and - wish to save some $$$ by doing it now. Ots Labs can offer this, because it's a little easier and more efficient for Ots admin staff to handle a large batch of upgrade processing in one hit, rather than in dribs and drabs.

Our admin staff are currently overwhelmed with processing upgrades and handling emails, so please expect some delays if you proceed or send email enquiries. We expect that situation to continue throughout the 7-day offer period, but we are doing everything we can to try and optimize the process.

Regards,
Adam
Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.

JohnnyTheFox

Quote from: Ots_Adam on August 02, 2012, 02:14:05 PM
Hi DJ Buik,

I understand your desire for more information to help you make a decision. The problem is to be truthful, we never really know even ourselves exactly *what* will be ready and when - that's just the nature of product development of this kind.

So if we go out on a limb and state X, Y & Z, and then it turns out only X & Z, and perhaps lower-case 'y' are able to be implemented in a given release by a given time, then as a customer, you're going to jump up and down as we had stated the former.

I can say the following: If you have some licenses that are for radio use and you're upgrading them, then definitely upgrade to a radio package, because the fact that there's any radio features at all in the DJ package is just an anachronism of the past. The DJ packages will not be receiving radio-specific features. Keep in mind, of course, that some features are so simple or basic that they end up in all the packages. But features specifically targetting broadcast use will not generally be in the DJ products.

The DJ products do not include Scheduling and haven't for many years. (Very early "Pro-Classic+" licenses unlock Scheduling but this is not stable or guaranteed into the future. It's just not feasible to maintain Radio features in a DJ product for a small subset of legacy licenses - far better that those customers wanting radio features just cross-grade to a radio package, and when there's more radio features available they'll want to naturally anyway. Ots Labs can't automatically cross-grade those customers, because we don't know which Pro-Classic+ customers are using the product for radio use as opposed to DJ use.)

So in your case, the way I'd probably look at it is like this. If your desire to upgrade or not depends entirely on exactly what radio features will be in future 1.90 releases then you really have no choice but to wait until all of the 1.90 releases have come out and determine after each one whether you find any particular addition compelling for your usage case - and then upgrade at that point.

The 7-day upgrade offer is intended for customers who already know they want to upgrade to 1.90 based on whatever has already been released combined with the information published about future releases - and - wish to save some $$$ by doing it now. Ots Labs can offer this, because it's a little easier and more efficient for Ots admin staff to handle a large batch of upgrade processing in one hit, rather than in dribs and drabs.

Our admin staff are currently overwhelmed with processing upgrades and handling emails, so please expect some delays if you proceed or send email enquiries. We expect that situation to continue throughout the 7-day offer period, but we are doing everything we can to try and optimize the process.

Regards,
Adam

Hi Adam

On that subject, would it be possible to cross grade 1 x DJ Pro Classic+ (with free updates to 2.0) for a Radio Broadcaster license and if so would there be any cost differential in doing this?

Thanks

Paul
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ [with free upgrades to 2.0] - PDI:PBH1-543J - 2 licenses
OtsAV TV Broadcaster - PDI:PB2Y-JZR1
OtsAV Radio Broadcaster - PDI:PAPE-H3HR
OtsAV Radio Webcaster - PDI:PBPK-TP67
OtsTurntables Silver - PDI:PA3C-KLZY

'The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine' - Abraham Lincoln

Dj Buik

Quote from: Ots_Adam on August 02, 2012, 02:14:05 PM
(Very early "Pro-Classic+" licenses unlock Scheduling but this is not stable or guaranteed into the future. It's just not feasible to maintain Radio features in a DJ product for a small subset of legacy licenses - far better that those customers wanting radio features just cross-grade to a radio package, and when there's more radio features available they'll want to naturally anyway.

Adam, thanks for replying.

If i understand you correctly, the scheduling option will (may)be withdrawn from the Classic+ license in the future?

I completely understand that a DJ don't need a scheduling option, but it is part of the current Classic+ license (till version 2.0).
I think several old Classic+ licenses are used for radio broadcasters, in my case it's a local radio station.

If Ots has plans for this, then i certainly want/need to cross-grade one license to a radio broadcast license.
But if i see the price difference between a Broadcast license and DJ Pro (900/330 US dollar) then i think a cross-grade is an impossible option for me  :unsure:

Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Audioot

Same here. Pro-Classic+ used for broadcasting, so the specific (future) radio add-ons are a must.
So what to do to cross-grade to the 1.90 broadcast license?

Marcel

morpheusz24

How will i know what kind of license i have? I bought 2 OTS AV Pro licenses in 2010 but i can't find any information about a upgrade...is it free or not?

Darryl

Your licence type(s) are shown in your OtsZone profile.  Go to www.otszone.com and log on then choose 'My Licenses'.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

clover-leaf-productions

Adam Ots answer on the Pro Classic + license held by the old radio gang, who also had the S&L module will be quite interesting.  Are they going to grandfather to Ots Radio licenses?  The Shadow knows. :icon_lol:  ..Steve, Adam, and the Family Ots know as well.
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com