What Are Your Initial Thoughts About Esperance??

Started by Glen J. Millar, August 01, 2012, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigger

I am sure if you upgrade you will still have scheduling, worth checking though.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

If you had the Classic +, Esperance is part of your upgrade path to version 2. However, I do see what you mean about the scheduling. That is really only available in the broadcast versions of Esperance, so would mean an upgrade to get that back. I really wish they had stuck with the previous model of plugins for video, scheduling etc. Add on what you want!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Audioot

Indeed, when I upgrade (free) to Esperance I'll lose the scheduling part. I talked to the ppl at OTS about that and they confirmed that. On the other hand: I got the scheduling for free when upgrading to 1.85 or thereabouts...  :thumbsup:
PDI: PBHQ-8L9Q - OtsAV Dj Pro Classic+
AOR, Classic+Symphonic Rock & Occasional Electronic Music....
Twitter: @radioeileen

Ots_Steve

Quote from: Audioot on January 09, 2015, 12:31:31 PM
Indeed, when I upgrade (free) to Esperance I'll lose the scheduling part. I talked to the ppl at OTS about that and they confirmed that. On the other hand: I got the scheduling for free when upgrading to 1.85 or thereabouts...  :thumbsup:

Hi Audioot and Jeff,

I can assure you, you definitely will still have full scheduling functionality if you upgrade free to the 1.90 version with a Pro-Classic+ [with free upgrades to 2.0] license. It has especially been put in there for Pro-Classic+ license-holders so they continue to benefit from that while they upgrade and take advantage of new DJ releases along the 2.0 path.

You should download DJ 1.90.015 now and enjoy (with scheduling functionality). :)

Cheers,
Ots_Steve

Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

Jumpin' Jeff

Cool Steve!
I always thought it was the reduced functionality scheduling that was in the normal DJ version. As I don't normally have need for scheduling myself, I haven't any experience with it personally.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Audioot

Wow steve, that's cool. I'll need to check it out then...  :stuart:
PDI: PBHQ-8L9Q - OtsAV Dj Pro Classic+
AOR, Classic+Symphonic Rock & Occasional Electronic Music....
Twitter: @radioeileen

scott hanna

For as much complaining as I've done about the lack of updates, this is kind of ironic. I bought 2 New licenses on the 45% off. While my team all prefers vdj, I still prefer ots.   On some machines now,vdj is on, and some old ots silver licences. I had to start a show for one of my guys and I didn't want to use either, so I'm putting ots 1.90 on other machines just in case I need to use those.
Vdj is fine, has a lot of cool features. I just prefer ots. Been trying to use vdj more around the house. Never at a gig yet
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

Ed

Quote from: scott hanna on March 06, 2015, 09:37:14 PM
For as much complaining as I've done about the lack of updates, this is kind of ironic. I bought 2 New licenses on the 45% off. While my team all prefers vdj, I still prefer ots.   On some machines now,vdj is on, and some old ots silver licences. I had to start a show for one of my guys and I didn't want to use either, so I'm putting ots 1.90 on other machines just in case I need to use those.
Vdj is fine, has a lot of cool features. I just prefer ots. Been trying to use vdj more around the house. Never at a gig yet

Scott, milky said himself, if you have been a long time user of OTSAV, it's very hard to make a switch to another software like RadioDJ or Vdj....and he is right!

SoundWave

Quote from: Ed on March 06, 2015, 11:49:06 PM
Scott, milky said himself, if you have been a long time user of OTSAV, it's very hard to make a switch to another software like RadioDJ or Vdj....and he is right!
That applies to any software though.  I have been sitting on a better CAD program for 2 years, cause this old dog doesn't want to learn new tricks.  I bought it because my old program was being dis-continued, but it is still working, even if it is less efficient then the new program.  I see the loss of productivity with the transition as a big obstacle.

With DJ programs you have to be very familiar wit hit before you go and use it live.  I used to have no problem with the .OTS format, I see the benefits, and just thought it was no big deal.  Today, I have a different opinion  - I see it as a big barrier to new people using the program.  SO you want me to not only use a new program, and also commit to this huge change over in my music library?  And also maintain another library copy so it is compatible with all the other programs?  Sorry for the majority of people out there it isn't going to happen. 
Neil Hill - SoundWave Music
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic
PDI=PA1C-EX89

Ed

Quote from: SoundWave on March 09, 2015, 01:19:53 PM
That applies to any software though.  I have been sitting on a better CAD program for 2 years, cause this old dog doesn't want to learn new tricks.  I bought it because my old program was being dis-continued, but it is still working, even if it is less efficient then the new program.  I see the loss of productivity with the transition as a big obstacle.

With DJ programs you have to be very familiar wit hit before you go and use it live.  I used to have no problem with the .OTS format, I see the benefits, and just thought it was no big deal.  Today, I have a different opinion  - I see it as a big barrier to new people using the program.  SO you want me to not only use a new program, and also commit to this huge change over in my music library?  And also maintain another library copy so it is compatible with all the other programs?  Sorry for the majority of people out there it isn't going to happen. 

Great, What I said is if someone, like myself, is very familiar with a dj software, in this case Ots, RadioDJ was something I was considering switching to, but after a better look, Ots is still better for me!  Again, "To Each His Own"

Darryl

Quote from: Darryl on August 01, 2012, 05:03:39 PM
I'm a little annoyed that the scroll function on my mouse pad no longer scrolls the lists.

However its nice to finally see a key change facility (something karaoke singers used to complain to me about not having).

Finally posted the registry key fix for this: http://www.otsusers.com/forum/index.php/topic,14550.msg143339.html#msg143339
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.