What Are Your Initial Thoughts About Esperance??

Started by Glen J. Millar, August 01, 2012, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djnpd

Daryl,

I just checked the MIDI map for the HC4500 and it appears the looping is active but I will connect the gig rig machine and find it out later.

Jumpin' Jeff

Quote from: JohnnyTheFox on August 01, 2012, 10:19:14 PM
i don't whether the Defines.ahk may need changing?
I don't see where this script is using my defines file.  Perhaps Robbie can look into it as it's his script.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

nextgen1

I'm sure I just skipped through it but what is the upgrade price and does anyone have any photos

Gar Lark See

Hi Adam,

First off, sleep and drink!

Secondly, purely for us who are geeks and code...what's behind the scenes on the new version? Still assembly code and Win32? Or some new stuff too?

Nothing to complain about here...absorbing everything...there will be questions but for now I'd like to thank you for your efforts and point out that the harsh posts are purely from peoples passion for the product. If that's what you can stir up with lines of code then good on you!

Thanks

G

scott hanna

Quote from: nextgen1 on August 01, 2012, 11:41:26 PM
I'm sure I just skipped through it but what is the upgrade price and does anyone have any photos

Hello Dave,
I'm not sure they announced the price yet
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

snowman

Just Spent 4 hours playing with the new free trial version I'm sold will buy when funds allow even at full  price this a super program that is top notch for performance . Take a Bow Ots Labs this is just right and will get even better as time allows for the platform to develop .   

Snowman :thumbsup:
For the coolest music dance with the Snowman.

Ots_Adam

Thanks guys!

And no worries at all Brian. I did see your apology post after my rant post - and then I felt a little bad for my post ;) Exactly what happened to you in reverse!

But as I tried to make clear at the end of my post, it wasn't really personal to you as such even though that was definitely the triggger. I pointed out that anyone could have said a similar thing, and quite innocently (or what I mean by that is without any malicious intent). I guess I just think it's good if you guys realise that we are human too and it's not all a big game like some may like to imagine.

I noticed a number of comments - maybe it was more on Facebook - suggesting that we were simply waiting around to the end of the month to poke fun at people. Some people must have a lot of time on their hands and a great imagination. Why would we wait? If we could have released on the 30th, we would have. If we could have on the 15th, we would have. If we could have in June, we would have. I can assure everyone there is absolutely no game. We take what we do very seriously. If we didn't, there's no way anyone in our position would bother with all the crap we have to put up with in order to bring such a complicated beast and its associated products to market.

But yeah, passion is a great thing really. So bring it on guys. I'll disappear shortly anyway. I've now been up for a record of hours straight! (And that's a big thing for me, because I regularly stay up very long hours - but 57 hours without any sleep or stopping whatsoever breaks my previous record of 54 - hmmmm, slightly proud of that, maybe I'll even hit 60 today!).

Thanks Gar, but I like to drink then sleep (when I eventually sleep, that is!) rather than the other way around. Yeah, still using our proven and trusty methods of coding. There's some interesting "new" stuff out there, but there's also a lot of pitfalls and issues with much of it. For a realtime performance critical audio/video app like Ots, you can't beat the real thing. Now if we were coding a graph display system, things *may* be different.

Take care guys. Time for another drink.

A.
Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.

Gordon Cook - DJ Cooker

The "Remove From List" needs to be moved!  It is much to important and serious to place it where a simple mistake could lead to disaster!  I almost removed 130,000 songs from the ML !!

I have also had a couple of hangs today (I think, i'm not certain what I did).  Ots has never frozen on me before.

Over time I will figure out 1.90.

Please don't make us wait two years for the next upgrade; in fact, not even two months is my hope, and yes my prayer.

Gordon
www.Memory-MakerDJs.com
Gordon Cook, 937-241-9670  -  (Leave a Message!)
djcooker2@gmail.com
djcooker60@gmail.com
www,InstoreRadioIntegrator.com
www.MemoryMakerRadio.com
www.MemoryMakerDJ.com
-30-

Munchee DJ

Looking at the update from an AutoHotKey point of view, I wonder if this release will allow more possibilities with scripting..?

Or I wonder if the menu changes mean some scripts just wont work anymore.
Shall be interesting to see what comes out of the Control Scrips Forum

DJ Postie

mmmm well what can I say - very different layout - first visual impression - HATE IT...... Could not get any of my full licenses activated so using temp license.

Got a audio glitch when sliding the scroll list up and down on my newish I3 laptop.

Is it me or it's really harder to search for songs and catagories!!!!!!!!!! What happened to the Deck Positioning???? I use it the other way (decks on bottom)

I suppose with all new things it just takes a bit of getting use to. I will not be using this version this weekend for my weddings until 100% tested and know where all my buttons.

Looping is cool on my HC-4500 - nice one

No point testing it with my MC-6000 console as I can not see a new OHM file in the folder...................
Port Douglas Audio Visual
Entertaining Tropical Far North Queensland since 1989
Port Douglas, Queensland
Australia
www.pdav.com.au

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ PAAA-BE4K (2 users)
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 PAP9-H1BN (1 user)
Breakaway DJ

Console 1 & 2 (STILL USING Denon HC-4500 & Denon DN-X500 - old school mode)
Backup system (IPAD AIR & DJAY with Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller)

djnpd

Just used it with the HC4500, worked OK but just a warning for poeple who have never tried looping before, you need to ride the loop with the jog wheel just like you would if where looping with two CD players.

The only issue I see and I'm sure one of the boys can fix it. The loop lights on the HC4500 do not work in looping mode, just something to be aware, apart from that it worked well.

I did notice when i turned OTS off the play and cue buttons stayed on.

DJ Postie

Quote from: djnpd on August 02, 2012, 02:43:39 AM
Just used it with the HC4500, worked OK but just a warning for poeple who have never tried looping before, you need to ride the loop with the jog wheel just like you would if where looping with two CD players.

The only issue I see and I'm sure one of the boys can fix it. The loop lights on the HC4500 do not work in looping mode, just something to be aware, apart from that it worked well.

I did notice when i turned OTS off the play and cue buttons stayed on.

yep I also noticed the HC-4500 buttons still active when OTS is closed down.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Adam next update put the option to have yer decks on the bottom..................
Port Douglas Audio Visual
Entertaining Tropical Far North Queensland since 1989
Port Douglas, Queensland
Australia
www.pdav.com.au

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ PAAA-BE4K (2 users)
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 PAP9-H1BN (1 user)
Breakaway DJ

Console 1 & 2 (STILL USING Denon HC-4500 & Denon DN-X500 - old school mode)
Backup system (IPAD AIR & DJAY with Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller)

JustMe

The biggest annoyance is the black background.  My eyes have problems with black backgrounds - everything starts to get blurry and my eyes start to hurt.

I avoid websites and programs with black (dark) backgrounds.

I could only look at my computer screen for about 3 minutes before minimizing the new OTS program and it took another 5 minutes for my eyes to refocus themselves.

It is a shame that there are no other color choices as in the previous versions...

I guess I'll wait for a later update to see if this is resolved.
Russell (aka JustMe)
S&L: PAM9-PLYH / OtsAV: PA6M-Y7PP / OtsAV: PB39-TKVH / OtsDJ Boombox:  PAAA-BJ25

jeff wood

well Ive had a really good play with it now  :rolleyes:

and whilst there's a lot of things I do really like about it,, BUT I just cannot live with having to type in the name of the category that I want.

it's funny, one of the down points of OTS (for me) was that there was only 6 categories on display,,,and I was hoping that on this release there would be more ! but, as it happens there now isn't any !

reading the comments on this thread is making me wonder; are any of you (including adam) actually DJ's ????

surely the MOST important feature of all is to be able to quickly click on whatever category (genre) you want ...

so to have to click on two places before you even get to your categories is a joke,

forget the other method,,,who's gonna want to type in the whole name of the category everytime they want to choose a category ???

and then,,,to make matters worse,,, when you want to do a global search (ie from your whole collection), , you have to exit whatever category you were in,,and then youve got the hassle of going back to it.

I'm quite a hands on DJ,, I'm always changing the category that I'm working off, and I even use the category list to help me decide genre of music I'm going to play.

So, after given it a lot of thought, I will be sticking with 1.85.

This release for me isn't gonna work.

What I just dont get ..

Is why on earth cant you just have a category list on the left,,ie why the output level display is,,,that is all thats needed !

Even my ancient PCDJ red 5.2 had a lovely category display on the left,,,,surely thats not too much to ask is it ???

Dr.J

Hi Jeff, I can understand your frustration when you hope a specific feature will be included/improved upon and just doesn't work for you or seem to make sense. But, is this really so much of an issue that you won't upgrade? I've had about 2 hours to play with it and am totally loving the new search capability. I'm also a category button-masher so I would love to have a single button to click on for either categories or custom stored searches, but I think that is something they will add in the near future (as long as we offer it as a compelling option). Check out their new search list that provides basically this functionality via a drop-down list (click on the down-arrow to the left of the OMQL tab), it just isn't customizable yet - now take that and make into a button group over top of the dynamics/output display - problem solved.

And just so you know, when doing global searches you just need to right-click on the down-arrow mentioned above (it will reset the search box - found this out because of the awesome new pop-up tool-tips) then when you are done your search click the back-arrow just above the down-arrow to go back to where you were. Give it a shot, but keep in mind this is the first of the v1.9 software and some updates should be just around the corner. Let's keep the fingers crossed that you get something that works with your work-flow.