What Are Your Initial Thoughts About Esperance??

Started by Glen J. Millar, August 01, 2012, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale James

Quote from: DJ Postie on August 10, 2012, 11:17:03 PM
[Edit] I have 2 x HC-4500 consoles and have noticed that the new OTS OHML version does not have the sync buttons enabled.

Press Shift/Back + Tap/Sync
Yesterday's Gone - Move On Up!
www.dalecaffrey.com
www.audiobasehk.com

BJ

Ran it for twelve hours at the time all last weekend to prove what I already knew,Rock Solid. Used it on wednesday night and it was flawless. If OTS will make the decks bigger or sizable and map it for the mc6000 I'm good to go.

BJ

Mike Sinclair

I had an issue... with my laptop, NOT OTS... sorry if you were holding your breath. I had a Dell XPS Ultrabook that has a weird problem. When you use the trackpad while on battery, it works fine. If you use the trackpad while the laptop is plugged in, it's all glitchy. I googled it and I'm not alone. Luckily, I was able to return the laptop and I bought a new Macbook Air 13" with 256gb SSD. I tried using a few different Windows laptops, but I am a Mac guy, so I'm a bit spoiled. As far as Esperance goes though, it ran flawlessly at last night's gig... now I have to get ready for tonight's... :)

Ots_Steve

Quote from: mel garland on August 10, 2012, 02:04:27 PM
Thanks Adam for your reply so I'm the 0.01 who uses this function :ohmy:.  So what you are saying is use another ots product (free turntables) to play a cd whilst using OTSAV at a gig. 1) the free turntables play the OTS signature tune every 3 third play so not what I want and sorry I'm not buying it (would accept a free paid copy mind :icon_lol:) 2) If ripped in studio can I play the track in OTSAV without important it to the media libray? The reason I ask is some of the tracks I'm asked to play is not suitable for main gigs.

Hi Mel,

Download our CD Scratch software. It is free. It has no audio overlays. It just plays CD.

www.cdscratch.com

That should solve those situations.

Ots_Steve
Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.™
DOWNLOAD FREE: OtsAV, OtsTurntables and Ots CD Scratch 1200

djshax

Don't like it. I used the categories all the time and now it's a pain. They should have given peeps the option to use the old skin as VD do. I now only use ots when i need to go to the toilet which is where the new ots belongs.

Jigger

I am sorry you feel that way. We don't mind constructive critism,but your comments are unfair and unfounded if it is only the cats you have a problem with.
Judging by your post you are using something else now, Good luck if it meets your needs no need to slam Ots. You could have just said you didn't like the new version no need for your additional comment.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Ed

As I said previously, I really have no big complaints about the new release. It is still a great OTS Labs product! I feel in due time there will be an upgrade to the color theme choice (dark or light) and some other minor issues. In fact, I have grown accustomed to the new look and finding it rather nice! I really like the new search and time indicating when songs were last played...will not be going back to 1.85

Bryan Durio

That's one thing I don't really like, Ed. I would rather have a HH:MM:SS display in the History tab like Ots historically had. Is there any option I missed to have the History display the old format?

Otherwise, I've slowly warmed up to Esperance. I continue to be perplexed, however, at why it took so long to deliver.
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+: PAV1-VFZA
OtsAV Radio Webcaster: PBVZ-51GE

I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

It's all just ones and zeros. :p

DJ-MK

Overall good. However, the playlist and library artist and title lists are too narrow to be able to see the long song titles and artist names ie  you cannot resize the columns in the Media Library, although this could just be on my small 15" 4:3 monitor, has anyone ran it on a bigger screen?

Jammin' Adam

I run a 23" widescreen LCD monitor at 1920x1080 resolution, and in full screen mode I can read every song title except 3, or any song title about 60 charactors or less with just the playlist and the media library lists showing.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

Jumpin' Jeff

The next version may address that issue DJ-MK.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Bryan Durio

I still think that the full title or artist should be displayed in a tooltip when you hover the mouse over an item.
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+: PAV1-VFZA
OtsAV Radio Webcaster: PBVZ-51GE

I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

It's all just ones and zeros. :p

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

scott hanna

5 months into the new version.  I really like it.  the search and adding to list is amazingly easy.

sorting by most plays brings up the songs i want with very very keystrokes, then just hitting enter adds them to my list.

2 things I don't like:

5 months later and no updates to an unfinished version

$200 upgrade to a $300 piece of software.  It's an amazing upgrade for free.  Would be a well worth it great upgrade for something like $50.  For $600 to upgrade other 3 licenses, it wasn't worth it.  I understand they have a business to run, and I hope they do whatever they need to to keep the business running for a long time.  If it is making the company more profitable, then that's what they should do.  However, I do believe they'd make more money by charging a small upgrade fee rather than a fee that's 60% of the cost of a new license.  If I extrapolate that over another few upgrades, each license could end up costing close to a thousand.  For me, it stopped me from upgrading the ones I have AND has made me look at other software for new licenses as I can't have keeping software current being a major expenditure.
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

DJArt (Baby Boomer DJ)

Quote from: scott hanna on December 21, 2012, 04:04:53 PM
5 months into the new version.  I really like it.  the search and adding to list is amazingly easy.

sorting by most plays brings up the songs i want with very very keystrokes, then just hitting enter adds them to my list.

2 things I don't like:

5 months later and no updates to an unfinished version

$200 upgrade to a $300 piece of software.  It's an amazing upgrade for free.  Would be a well worth it great upgrade for something like $50.  For $600 to upgrade other 3 licenses, it wasn't worth it.  I understand they have a business to run, and I hope they do whatever they need to to keep the business running for a long time.  If it is making the company more profitable, then that's what they should do.  However, I do believe they'd make more money by charging a small upgrade fee rather than a fee that's 60% of the cost of a new license.  If I extrapolate that over another few upgrades, each license could end up costing close to a thousand.  For me, it stopped me from upgrading the ones I have AND has made me look at other software for new licenses as I can't have keeping software current being a major expenditure.

I have 1.85 version and have not upgraded to Esperance yet.  You mean to tell me that it will cost me extra money to upgrade from 2 licenses to Espearance @ $200 ea license?