What Are Your Initial Thoughts About Esperance??

Started by Glen J. Millar, August 01, 2012, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin' Jeff

I've had a little play with Kens version, and I've been happy with it's current ability to handle multiple commands like Pop&Rock or BPM>120&BPM<140, however, it doesn't handle spaces such as in 'New Music'. It needs to be a literal string for that to work. If you make it a literal then he combos like 'Pop&Rock' no longer work.

It's definately a step in the right direction.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

JohnnyTheFox

Spotted a couple of things in the OtsAV 1.90 / 'Esperance' Complementary Documentation

More customization options are arriving in future 1.90 series updates, including further colour options.

.....and just to prove the Ots guys know what they are talking about  :laugh:

In OtsAV 1.90 the caret takes on a special meaning: it allows you to search by two fields simultaneously, and both must match for any given item in your library to be considered a match. For example you could type "beatles^love" and you're most likely going to see a list of Beatles songs with the word 'love' in them, that is, unless you didn't like Paul McCartney's performance at the London Games Opening Ceremony and decided to banish all Beatles songs from your library :/
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ [with free upgrades to 2.0] - PDI:PBH1-543J - 2 licenses
OtsAV TV Broadcaster - PDI:PB2Y-JZR1
OtsAV Radio Broadcaster - PDI:PAPE-H3HR
OtsAV Radio Webcaster - PDI:PBPK-TP67
OtsTurntables Silver - PDI:PA3C-KLZY

'The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine' - Abraham Lincoln

Galager

Sadly, I am a little older and was not raised on computers.  For those of us who are not computer savvy, half of what was said in the last several replies make no sense at all.  I am sure they are great... I just wish it was in English.

1.85 was not a terribly complicated program but very powerful.  I just hope they come out with the updated documentation on 1.90 soon so I can learn it and use it.  For now I am DJing on my newer laptop that still has 1.85 and am leaving my older backup laptop with 1.90 at  home.  I won't use 1.90 until I can figure it out well enough to handle any spur of the moment problems that seem to pop up from time to time when DJing a wedding.

Since my newer machine with 1.85 is the one with the free upgrade to 1.90 I am a little worried that Ots will not finish updating the documentation before the deadline to use the free upgrade from 1.85 to 1.90 passes.  
So what did I pick 'Galager' as my profile name?  Hell if I know.  Maybe it was the morphine...

Jigger

Quote from: Galager on August 08, 2012, 08:59:04 PM
Sadly, I am a little older and was not raised on computers.  For those of us who are not computer savvy, half of what was said in the last several replies make no sense at all.  I am sure they are great... I just wish it was in English.

1.85 was not a terribly complicated program but very powerful.  I just hope they come out with the updated documentation on 1.90 soon so I can learn it and use it.  For now I am DJing on my newer laptop that still has 1.85 and am leaving my older backup laptop with 1.90 at  home.  I won't use 1.90 until I can figure it out well enough to handle any spur of the moment problems that seem to pop up from time to time when DJing a wedding.

Since my newer machine with 1.85 is the one with the free upgrade to 1.90 I am a little worried that Ots will not finish updating the documentation before the deadline to use the free upgrade from 1.85 to 1.90 passes.  
Basically only a few things have changed, it does the same as1.85 with a different layout, the search is different.
To be honest I dint think it needs full documentation because the basic functions are still there, if it was me I would get the upgrades now, but that is your decision.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

Here is my variation of the OMQL query buttons...

http://youtu.be/aVkIfL6QaII

The window placement is saved in the registry on exit.
The Buttons.cfg file contains the query info for each button on a seperate line for editing.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Darryl

I'm liking the videos Jeff (Was the software to capture them affordable? I think I've asked before, but I've got an awful memory for stuff like that because I've filled it with all this computer nonsense instead).  I can't help but feel we are missing out on your dulcet tones (I think I recall you talking on one once upon a time) get on the mic and talk us through it! 

Or you could ask Milky (he's probably a bit too busy though) - his voice is smashing.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

LOL, If I talked, it would take much longer to put together. For a tut that's onl a few seconds, i's not worth digging out the mic and practicing my mic skills.
Im using Movie edit premium t capture a portion of the screen. Not too exensive.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Dr.J

Keep in mind when using the AHK category programs you may need to turn off UAC for Windows 7. I couldn't figure out why neither program would send the commands, then it dawned on me - UAC, a DJ's nemesis.

dj.silver

I concur.  I have hardly understood a word of it!
I once read about the evils of drinking........... so now I've stopped reading.

Jigger

Silver
3.  The inability to widen the title or artist.  I have, as we all have, different versions of tracks, I need to see which one it is I am putting in a deck.  I find this extremely annoying.   I have to say I will not upgrade until this is resolved, it's a big problem to me!

You can widen the Playlist and the media Library
Just remove the History at the right hand side at the top of the history just click on the X if you want your history back just click on the + next to prepare.
Hope this helps a little.
I note your point about the Cats but I find it simple to click on the arrow next to OMQL and show Cats, I think it was Kenmax who developed a programe to show cats all the time he recently posted it here on the forum.
Ron

dj.silver

Quote from: Jigger on August 09, 2012, 08:44:31 AM
Silver
3.  The inability to widen the title or artist.  I have, as we all have, different versions of tracks, I need to see which one it is I am putting in a deck.  I find this extremely annoying.   I have to say I will not upgrade until this is resolved, it's a big problem to me!

You can widen the Playlist and the media Library
Just remove the History at the right hand side at the top of the history just click on the X if you want your history back just click on the + next to prepare.
Hope this helps a little.
I note your point about the Cats but I find it simple to click on the arrow next to OMQL and show Cats, I think it was Kenmax who developed a programe to show cats all the time he recently posted it here on the forum.

Cheers young Jigger (long time no speak  :) )

That has helped, I don't need the history available all the time.  So, yes I can see all the title.   One issue resolved.  :thumbsup:

Cats, yeah okay, can see what you are saying, I was aware of that but still don't like it compared to the original.  I suppose if I put them in order, when I open up the box 20 or so cats will show (not counted the exact amount)  and that should pretty well do me for an evening.  A bit more juggling around for each gig than I would have liked possibly but no major prob.  :thumbsup:

Just the size of the controls now to sort and I could be upgrading.

Top chap, thanks.

Simon.

Jigger

Simon
A few key board shortcuts may help you
Ctrl+P will start a track if none are playing
Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow will play next track
There are more shortcuts available but the basic ones are helpful
Click on the Ots logo top left and click on control, when you get use to them they are good.
Ron

dj.silver

Quote from: Jigger on August 09, 2012, 09:39:21 AM
Simon
A few key board shortcuts may help you
Ctrl+P will start a track if none are playing
Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow will play next track
There are more shortcuts available but the basic ones are helpful
Click on the Ots logo top left and click on control, when you get use to them they are good.

Thanks but as I said earlier I'm not that 'up' on computers and pretty much a mouse, point and click.  I find short cuts hard to remember and get on with.

The only multi key command I've EVER used is Ctrl, Alt and Delete!

Dub2Dat

I agree Galager.  Its all Greek to me.  I like the videos that Jeff posted. They help a lot. Please add sound and let us hear your comments.  God bless the code warriors! 

Jumpin' Jeff

There are common windows shortcuts you can use almost globally. Ctrl+A to select all, Ctrl+C to Copy, Ctrl+x to cut, Ctrl+V to paste.... These are used in windows explorer, Office, Paint.... Virtually 90% of all programs out there. 

Ots tried to make it easy by adding the tooltips, so it's easy to hover over a control, and let the tooltip refresh you on it's shortcut.

Now, I'm looking for a way to call the prepare, History, and Karaoke panels with a shortcut. I do believe if I can resolve that, I could practically leave my mouse at home.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln