Any idea when other controller support for Esperance will arrive ?

Started by Hayd, August 01, 2012, 01:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff wood

I'll be sticking with my hc4500 and formula sound fsm400  :icon_lol:

And what I mean is,,,its nice for the 4500 to have the play pause buttons to the left of the jog wheel,,

Looks a bit tricky to mix with the pitch fader being a bit more of a arm stretch to reach , and youve got more room around the pitch fader,,,the mc6000 looks a bit cluttered.

But hey,,as you point out, its very convinient.

The other controllers I would like to have seen support for is pioneers, I probably would have bought a pair of cdj900's..

or even a Sep C1 is a lovely controller...

andyhomercollins

I'd love to see support for the Pioneer SEP-1. That'll look lovely with my djm5000  :thumbsup:

DJ M

Quote from: jeff wood on August 05, 2012, 10:27:32 AM
never used an mc6000, but looking at it,, I prefer the layout of the important buttons on the hc4500 in relation to the jog wheel, ie pitch and play pause are in a better position imo...

i think we're lucky to have the 4500, it really is a great piece of kit, for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would choose to use OTS without one....

The MC6000 is a natural progression from the HC4500. It's everything you need in one unit. Controller & Mixer. Added advantage of a cross fader & chanel faders which is the one thing i missed on the hc4500. But now that I have been able to get rid of my mixer I can get the 4500 & 6000 into one flight case!
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

jeff wood

yeah a friend of mine was dj ing in the other suite at my regular hotel on saturday, and he had an mc6000 with VDJ,,, must say its a nice unit, looked smart...

Mike Sinclair

Mike Sinclair

Quote from: Ots_Steve on August 05, 2012, 05:39:07 AM
The Denon MC6000 has always been planned to be supported in the 2nd Esperance release (not including any minor maintenance releases inbetween).

It requires changes in the actual OtsAV core code to support its driver.

Ots_Steve

Ots_Steve, is there at least an approximate time-frame for when the second Esperance release will be? Weeks, months?

Jumpin' Jeff

Personally, with what's remaining to come out in the original release notes, I would consider it months. Especially if updating the core code to function with the 48khz system. I've heard many great things about the MC6000. If I were stil active, I might have considered getting one to replace my Xponent. As it stands, the Xponent is more than enough controller for me at this time.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Greg Frasier

The Denon DN MC6000 is a great unit. I'm anxiously awaiting to be able to use it with Ots too. There's only a few things I like about Esperance, but I figure I won't go backwards because it will be paired with the MC6000 soon enough.

Mike Sinclair

Quote from: Greg Frasier on August 15, 2012, 03:14:21 AM
The Denon DN MC6000 is a great unit. I'm anxiously awaiting to be able to use it with Ots too. There's only a few things I like about Esperance, but I figure I won't go backwards because it will be paired with the MC6000 soon enough.

Agreed! I am currently using the HC4500 with the X500 but I own an MC6000 as well. The nice thing about the 6000 is that it weighs about 10 pounds. The 4500 with the x500 weigh about 23 pounds, so going with the 6000 shaves about 13 pounds of weight off your cabinet. My back isn't getting any younger and I too am anxiously awaiting Ots support for the MC6000.

Darryl

I'm now using the MC3000.  It seems to fit my needs rather well.  I'm gigging with it tonight, so I'll let you all know how it went afterwards.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

DJ Postie

Me too waiting for support for my MC6000 as my console 3 is gathering dust........................
Port Douglas Audio Visual
Entertaining Tropical Far North Queensland since 1989
Port Douglas, Queensland
Australia
www.pdav.com.au

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ PAAA-BE4K (2 users)
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 PAP9-H1BN (1 user)
Breakaway DJ

Console 1 & 2 (STILL USING Denon HC-4500 & Denon DN-X500 - old school mode)
Backup system (IPAD AIR & DJAY with Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller)

Dj Buik

Quote from: Darryl on August 15, 2012, 07:50:59 AM
I'm now using the MC3000.  It seems to fit my needs rather well.  I'm gigging with it tonight, so I'll let you all know how it went afterwards.
How did you handle the 44/48 KHz issue?  With Breakaway?
I was wondering if you could get it to work with Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) as a sampler converter 44->48 only.
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Mike Sinclair

I'd be interested if anyone can get "old school mode" to work with MC3000 or 6000 as well. I've tried asio4all and breakaway dj and can't get it to work.

Dale James

Quote from: Darryl on August 15, 2012, 07:50:59 AM
I'm now using the MC3000.  It seems to fit my needs rather well.  I'm gigging with it tonight, so I'll let you all know how it went afterwards.

How did it go Darryl?

I use MC-6000 regularly for my quiz nights, alas it's not perfect with the current 44/48 KHz issue. So how did the 3000 handle it?
Yesterday's Gone - Move On Up!
www.dalecaffrey.com
www.audiobasehk.com

Darryl

The mc3000 was fine except I knocked the cross fader accidentally a couple if times when using the faders to duck the music volume for talking.  I accidentally skipped to the next track while editing the ticker because I pressed ctrl+right to select a line.

I really miss being able to scroll the media library window. The mouse scroll on my trackpad doesn't work and clicking under the thumb in the scroll bar doesn't go down a page like in a normal scroll bar. I often browse the media library looking for things to play and always did this with the mouse. I'll just hand to get used to using the keyboard instead.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.