Power Outtage Recovery

Started by RadioScooby, November 07, 2017, 05:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioScooby

Hi

I have a mini PC running Ots for my online radio station. However typically during a week's holiday the stream went down - I think the cause was due to a forced Windows 10 update which rebooted the PC. As I was away I was unable to do anything about it until I returned home. The question I have is it possible to configure OTs to start automatically on power up / reboot and resume a playlist please?

I know how to launch programs on power up so the first bit is covered - so is it possible for a playlist to play on program launch please?

milky

You can't make it resume a playlist from the point it was before the power failure, but you can certainly have it start a new template. The trick is to create a command line which includes the name of the template you want to start, and execute that in a scheduled task that fires when the laptop starts up.

it would look like this:
C:\OtsLabs\OtsAV??.exe "C:\OtsLabs\Templates\YourTemplateName.otm"/Schedule="C:OtsLabs\Templates\YourEventTable.osh" /Play=1

Substitute the "??" with your particular version of Ots, and your template name and event table name.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Jumpin' Jeff

Have you got windows configured to auto login? if so, then do as Milky states.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7