Started by Dj Buik, August 01, 2012, 09:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj Buik

At Last..... it's there  :thumbsup:

I'm just peed my pants  :blusha:

https://otszone.com/Zone/download/

It's version 1.90

LOL i beated Ots Steve.....
Dj Buik, Netherlands (PAAA-BFAJ, PADQ-QAAN, PAES-37QS and PB7S-AD6J)

Jumpin' Jeff

Talk about the very last second...
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

mel garland

Got it.  Now let's see if it's a WOW or is that it factor :icon_lol:
Melvyn
Tiverton, Devon, Uk
PAAA BKBK

Dalmus

I'm surprised that they're calling is 1.9...
PAAA-BG3F - OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ 1.85 [with free upgrades to 2.0]
PARM-32YR - Karaoke CD+G Module [Add-on for OtsDJ Pro]

Dj Buik

Here is my first impression.

I'll be honest, i was expecting more features from the 2.0 version, so i'm a little disappointed.
Still no third deck for jingles, sound bites etc.

The graphic layout is changed (it's black background), looping is active.

I can't find the other color settings, i hope Ots change this, because for me (personally) the layout is too dark. I'm color blind, and for me it is difficult to see the different colors used. It's actually a contrast issue for me.

Still you can not turn of the Dynamics Processor graphics. This should be an user option, because i use Breakaway Audio processing.

Runs with no problems on a Intel Dual core Atom processor. Concurrently running with Breakaway Live.

CTRL-A, C & V works now.

I'll be back with more experience.

Final verdict:
I played with it all afternoon. I will upgrade one (test) machine with version 1.90.
For my other machine's i wait for the next upgrade. My major issue is the color settings.

BTW1: if your looking for the menu bar, it isn't there anymore.
Instead left click on the animated Ots Logo.

BTW2: I tested the trial version with NO video active.

mpanda

Quote from: Dj Buik on August 01, 2012, 12:27:02 PM
.....Still no third deck for jingles, sound bites etc.

Sadly that means the time for radio guys it's still to come...
Mario Voiello
Media Consultant - Milan - Italy
PAJJ-Y3YT - OTSTT Pro 2 licenses
PA13-JCY7 - PACH-YNM6 OTSDJ pro 3 licenses

Ots_Adam

Quote from: mpanda on August 01, 2012, 08:02:54 PM
Sadly that means the time for radio guys it's still to come...

But don't fret mpanda, you'll love the radio functionality we've already developed and some other stuff we're still working on. We definitely have plans here. Well, they're far more than plans. They almost made it out the door in this last release!

Cheers,
A.
Ots Labs - Intelligence for your AV.

mpanda

Thank you Adam, your encouragement sounds great!

Radio seems not a priority for Ots Labs strategies since a long time but as I know you come from broadcasting field as you're 'sensible' to our need, so I'm confident Ots guys will surprise broadcasters expectations.

Best,

Mario
Mario Voiello

Lane

Mario, I think the word you wanted was 'sensitive'. :)
It's all just programming :P

mpanda

thank you Lane... :laugh:... sensible sounds similar to italian meaning but it's different in english language...

in italian 'sensible' means like one who comes from a field so he naturally tends to be 'careful' to facts coming from such field.
Now I know the correct english term is 'sensitive'.

I'm grateful to all forum's friend for the patience they reserve to my poor english and hope Adam will get the correct meaning of my reply. :)

EDIT

for completeness... in italian 'sensitive' means one who has 'precognitions'....
Mario Voiello

milky

Well, I tried Guys, but I am so sorry. I HATE it!. Yeah Adam, sure, "we are resistant to change and we will all learn to love it" - but I run several terrestial radio stations staffed buy "more senior" persons. I don't need fancy layouts, skins, whatever you call them, I just want reporting options to the locale standards, at least one more deck (happy to buy more), REAL TOC and day part scheduling, Drag-and-drop features (stick your fancy search crap). Right, that was delayed because of the ML structure. Heard of SQL? Sh**tloads of companies are using it daily to do everything from banking to on-line commerce.
I have been loyal, and a stalwart member of this forum, but, damn! (I would have preferred something stronger), nothing disappoints me more than this latest offering. NO radio station is comfortable with the decks on the top. Most of our staff (including myself) have multiple-level spectacles. I can't read things clearly at the top of the screen. Yet, the option to drop the decks down to the bottom has been deleted. I hope you never become visually challenged. The colours are, again, BS for colour challenged people (that would be me, and the five other mono-chromatic staff, plus the other x similar people who like to be able to see ALL of their screen, not just the bits that appeal to you. Add to this the frustration at not being able to expand the ML window columns (again, because of reduced visibility), and you may just be able to appreciate where I am coming from.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

Dj Buik

If you read Facebook and this forum, many people complain about the color settings.
I'm also a 'senior' DJ, and have also spectacles for reading the screen.

It's difficult to read the small text info on the screen and the different dark colors.
It's not that i don't LIKE it, it's simply i can't READ it.

Please bring back the old color settings as a user option.
If people like the black background (as a default) fine with me, but make it a user choice.

Darryl

Quote from: milky on August 02, 2012, 04:15:18 PM
I can't read things clearly at the top of the screen. Yet, the option to drop the decks down to the bottom has been deleted. I hope you never become visually challenged. The colours are, again, BS for colour challenged people (that would be me, and the five other mono-chromatic staff, plus the other x similar people who like to be able to see ALL of their screen, not just the bits that appeal to you. Add to this the frustration at not being able to expand the ML window columns (again, because of reduced visibility), and you may just be able to appreciate where I am coming from.

I see your point.  Speaking as a software developer: It's easy to forget that user have different visual requirements.

I personally don't like this approach (rolling your own user interface).   The advantages of using Windows common controls are numerous: Users can choose their own font sizes and high contrast colour schemes etc.

Using the common controls the applications get this functionality for free (almost - there are caveats,  but the developer wouldn't need to add these features to the software themselves).

On top of this, using the standard controls, applications tend to work better with screen reader software and lend themselves to easier customisations with scripting software (and automated testing suites).

Please take this in the spirit is is intended - as constructive criticism - there are other aspects of the new interface that are much better than 1.85.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

DJMartin

hmm... When reading the announcement email, the first thing I looked for was a print screen of the 'NEW' touch and feel.... no chance up to now. Scares me a little and I can understand Milky beeing upset.

Up to now I was very satisfied with OTSDJ and it did it's job perfect. Recent change of the licensing strategy confused me and at the moment I do not know if I can somehow keep my 5 'free upgrade to 2.0' licenses surviving the next hardware replacements. The other two new licenses... hope they survive too....

Is it really time to evaluate new DJ software? Please do not disappoint loyal users.

Regards
Martin
PAAA-BHZM / OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ 1.85 [with free upgrades to 2.0] / Qty. 5
PBS5-QX61 / OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 / Qty. 1
PBE5-Z892 / OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 / Qty. 1
Working with OTS over 10 Years

Paul Douglas

Milky,

now I know why I prefer the decks at the bottom, I didn't realise it was something to do with the state of my eyes (varifocal lenses in my glasses). I just thought it was a cosmetic liking,

Paul