OtsAV Review

Started by powerjam, July 31, 2012, 04:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerjam

Might as well wait for the new release now, since I think the reviews are for each version. Download.com is the main source for software so I think the more good reviews there are for something the more people see it and the more eventual sales for Ots and the more money for the developers which in turn hopefully will mean more features for future versions. 'Cause then the programmers can afford to eat, drink and be merry while they program ;-)  :icon_lol:
\"Might as well face it, I\'m addicted to Ots.\"

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BEPK, OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BHF9
Ots CD Scratch 1200 Deluxe PDI PA1M-8L4V
OtsBoomBox 3 Licenses PDI PAAA-BLMG

Jumpin' Jeff

Well one thing to consider powerjam, the Trial version is the only version you can get from download sites. You can't get the released software but only from OtsLabs. True, there is radio, DJ, and TV versions of the trial, so yes, you have to take all 3 into consideration.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

powerjam

True, but that is also true for VDJ and others. How can I get my profile avatar animated? It is supposed to be. :wacko:

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BEPK, OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BHF9

scott hanna

that might show why ots focuses on other markets in addition to DJing where as VDJ focuses solely on DJing.  A lot more opportunities to sell software into additional markets.

So, while VDJ can say that they focus on DJs, OTS may be able to provide stronger resources into making it more stable since they sell into larger markets.

Of course, I have no first hand knowledge of this and am only speculating.

BTW, first thing I did when I got up today at 6 oclock was to check for the update.  I'm sure I'll  be doing the same thing tomorrow.
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

Jumpin' Jeff

Powerjam, I don't think there are any animated avatars on this board. not sure they can work here.
Scott, Me too!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

powerjam

Quote from: Artist formerly known as 'Jumpin' Jeff' on July 31, 2012, 07:17:56 PM
Powerjam, I don't think there are any animated avatars on this board. not sure they can work here.
Scott, Me too!

This one is and I saw some others: http://www.otsusers.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1225

It turned my .gif into another format like png or tng or something when I uploaded it.

Darryl

Only .gif files have animations in them to the best of my knowledge.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

Yep! I thought You uploaded as Gif. I know you can insert animated gifs into posts, but I was unaware of that avatar until now. Darryl is quite right. Re-upload as Gif, and if it doesn't work...
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

JohnnyTheFox

Mine is animated. It's a .gif
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ [with free upgrades to 2.0] - PDI:PBH1-543J - 2 licenses
OtsAV TV Broadcaster - PDI:PB2Y-JZR1
OtsAV Radio Broadcaster - PDI:PAPE-H3HR
OtsAV Radio Webcaster - PDI:PBPK-TP67
OtsTurntables Silver - PDI:PA3C-KLZY

'The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine' - Abraham Lincoln

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

powerjam

Try it, I bet it changes your .gif to a .png. Maybe I'm not privileged enough to deserve an animated avatar  :djsmilie: