Esperance pre-release update

Started by Ots_Adam, July 26, 2012, 03:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cprman67

I know this has been mentioned before, but has there been a particular day that OTS would release new versions? I kind of remember staying up one weekend waiting for the release. Would they really release it on a tuesday? Does the day really matter to them? These are some interesting questions...what do you think?

scott hanna

Quote from: Ots_Adam on July 27, 2012, 03:18:19 PM

That way, no one can complain later.

I disagree.

No matter what you do, someone will complain :icon_lol:
Scott Hanna
PBXS-JHBZ, PASB-3WXR, PAHZ-AMGR, PAGA-6HLJ

2 ots silver, 1 ots pro, 1 extra studio, karaoke

discodonal.com

Steve,

How is the independent testing going?

whisper

i'm going to be brutally honest here....i've changed my tune about some of the other software...i still use some of it...
but my secret weapon has been ots..it given me the edge over other dj's i know..yes they slate it...but then again ...they have problems with freezing..sound.. etc.
so i'm of the opinion i don't want it to be a popular as the "others" so to speak..that way i'll always have the edge.
this update hopefully will address some thing that are needed, just to be on par with some of the other software.

i'll wait now, but i was hoping that they would have released a minimum spec as regards system requirements.
no doubt it will move as the software will be doing more things.

as you can guess..will be looking to get new machine before the christmas season start.. :wowza:
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

krzyd

Quote from: ianforest on July 27, 2012, 04:09:26 PM
I tell you what Adam, you guys seriously have been reading the Apple guide to Marketing.  This sort of hype is akin to iPhone 5 lol.

The difference of couse is that Apple delivers new product in a timely fashion.
I'm just here for the EDARGPU. Ots user since sometime in 2000!

Mike Sinclair

Quote from: krzyd on July 28, 2012, 11:11:53 AM

And, as stated before, Ots Corp ran into some unforeseen delays. I'm sure they could have released it much sooner, but I for one would much rather wait for the solid, stable release that makes Ots the amazing software that it is. Good things come to those who wait.

Dale James

Yesterday's Gone - Move On Up!
www.dalecaffrey.com
www.audiobasehk.com

Radioboy104

Adam, you are referring to DJ's (am assuming nighclub dj's) but what about radio broadcasters? If you are not addressing the DJ scene, will Esperance make your products more radio broadcaster friendly? I.e. A decent/simple way to voicetrack? This is what we need more than just a new and prettier CGI.  :)

krzyd

Quote from: Mike Sinclair on July 28, 2012, 12:19:35 PM
And, as stated before, Ots Corp ran into some unforeseen delays. I'm sure they could have released it much sooner, but I for one would much rather wait for the solid, stable release that makes Ots the amazing software that it is. Good things come to those who wait.

Been around here since 2001

govefmtech

Quote from: Radioboy104 on July 28, 2012, 12:52:45 PM
Adam, you are referring to DJ's (am assuming nighclub dj's) but what about radio broadcasters? If you are not addressing the DJ scene, will Esperance make your products more radio broadcaster friendly? I.e. A decent/simple way to voicetrack? This is what we need more than just a new and prettier CGI.  :)

Sadly i dont think the radio side of OTS will ever get much better. After spending the last 3 years with RCS i feel like i stepped back in time running OTS. Would be great if OTS Radio was more then just OTS DJ with a few extra features

SoundWave

Ha!  heading to a gig, wait till I tell you guys what I just went throught with iTunes!!
Neil Hill - SoundWave Music
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic
PDI=PA1C-EX89

Bryan Durio

Come on, guys . . . I thought you liked carrots!  :p
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+: PAV1-VFZA
OtsAV Radio Webcaster: PBVZ-51GE

I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

It's all just ones and zeros. :p

MusicmadUK

Different markets completely, my 7 year old son has iPod touch and the latest iPad, so to compare iOS releases against a much smaller user base is unfair even if ots re using proven marketing techniques!

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

krzyd

Not trying to get everyone riled up, I'm waiting on Edargpu too, but let me ask a question: If 2.0 was here 1, 2 or 5 years ago, would you mind an occasional crash? If not, how often? Jeff, you still have the ipod, correct, no company will get everything perfect. It just seems very valuable market share has come and gone, and in my opinion, that has slowed development further. I'm still hoping for some "blow the industy away" features, I might even dust off the equipment and book a few gigs.