Light Controllers

Started by Mike Sinclair, July 09, 2012, 12:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sinclair

Hey guys. I have an Elation Co-pilot III for my lights. I have the American DJ Galaxian 3D laser and it takes 20-30 seconds after you turn it on for it to start working. Does anyone know if there's a way to have the lights on some sort of stand-by mode so that they can come on instantly at the touch of a button with the co-pilot? Or is there another controller that has light "faders" or something?

kdservices

the only way you would be able to get it to come on instantly when you want would be to have the fixture on all the time and use dmx to control it.

Kds
================================
PAAA-BGLF

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ 1.85 [with free upgrades to 2.0]

PB99-71RP

OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 [Upgrade from OtsAV DJ Silver]

PBXQ-8BKP

Karaoke CD+G Module [Add-on for OtsDJ Pro]

PA7N-9FYK

Video Module [Add-on for OtsDJ Pro]
================================

as stated it's the badgers nadgers

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Mike Sinclair

I've never done anything with DMX... should I buy a dmx controller to replace the co-pilot? Or maybe look into lighting software?

discodonal.com

Wait for Esperance as I am sure ots will have included lighting control as they promised with the 2.0 upgrade!!!

DJ Postie

Will the Esperance update be version 2 ????
Port Douglas Audio Visual
Entertaining Tropical Far North Queensland since 1989
Port Douglas, Queensland
Australia
www.pdav.com.au

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ PAAA-BE4K (2 users)
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 PAP9-H1BN (1 user)
Breakaway DJ

Console 1 & 2 (STILL USING Denon HC-4500 & Denon DN-X500 - old school mode)
Backup system (IPAD AIR & DJAY with Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller)

Dr.J

I would recommend getting some great free DMX software (http://www.freestylerdmx.be/) and an inexpensive DMX hardware interface (http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70304&show=description&name=dmxusbpro). Then you are set to go for under $200 and can expand your lighting in the future is desired.

Jumpin' Jeff

I'm not sure where the promise of lighting control came with 2.0, but I've resaerched it using the waybackmachine, and have found no such promise for lighting control in Any of the Ots variants. I would not count on that occuring personally. If it does occur, it will be an extrememly pleasant suprise.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

SoundWave

If your other lights can be run that way, go DMX.   You can always get a DMX dimmer/switch pack to control non-dmx lights if you want, but some a heavy, and it is am extra chunk of equip to lug around.  Start with a simple controller - you will NEVER look back.
Neil Hill - SoundWave Music
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic
PDI=PA1C-EX89

Jumpin' Jeff

Sweet!

I thought I had gone crazy, as I had thought I had seen that somewhere before, but when I looked at what was still to come  on their website, all the way back to the beginning, it wasn't listed.

Thanks for this!
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

discodonal.com

Well I was and am looking forward to lighting control!! Will Esperance NOT be OTS 2.0 ? I think we are Ots 1.9??? That was the deal for us early adopters

cprman67

I'm almost sure of it that I saw a reference to that in the FAQ on OTS website. If I remember correctly, it said Esperance will not be 2.0. That update is still to come. I haven't had time to check the FAQ's this morning and I'm going off memory, but I thought that's what it said.

Darryl

The FAQ doesn't actually say whether Esperance is 2.0 or not.  It implies Esperence is not 2.0 in this sentence:
"Q. I have an older OtsAV "free upgrades to 2.0" license. Am I eligible for a free update to Esperance?
A. Absolutely. Nothing is changing with regard to the Ots Labs roadmap to OtsAV 2.0."
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Mike Sinclair

Thanks for the input guys... maybe I will hold off and just see what Esperance has to offer before I run out and buy anything.