skipping when using keyboard

Started by rickdjkj, May 12, 2012, 09:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickdjkj

while dj'in last night whenever I typed on keyboard the music would skip,I hooked it up today using just computer speakers and can't get it to skip...hmmmm. any suggestions?

Darryl

Are you using the same sound device in both situations?
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

rickdjkj

milky

More information on your PC specs would help. The M-Audio card is vary efficient, so there must have been some other background process sucking performance. Wifi? Online activities?
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

rickdjkj

amd, 3.00 ghz, 2gb ram, nivida gee force 6200 le,usb wireless wifi,usb keyboard & mouse,running on windows xp sp3...also ran into another problem,while transfering music into ots it froze completely and had to shut down using power button

Jigger

Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

rickdjkj

ok,I will try that(pull out the usb wfi)and see what happens,next gig in two weeks,thanks for the reply

mel garland

You are going to wait 2 weeks, until your next gig, to sort the problem out?
Melvyn
Tiverton, Devon, Uk
PAAA BKBK

JAylmer

Nice comment, Mel :)

Perhaps the competition has installed a software keyboard logger on Rick's laptop?

rickdjkj

I have been playing at a local bar for 6 years and they know what I'm going through so if I have a minor glitch such as skippimg while I type,they know I will eventually figure it out.If I were doing a wedding or some other party soon,I would set up in my garage and figure it out.Right now just want suggestions on solving the problem,not a big deal at the bar.Thanks for the help

milky

If you have USB keyboard and mouse AND USB wifi, maybe one of these is flooding the USB bus. Can you try going back to a wired KB and mouse, and drop out the wifi. If that works, add back the devices one at a time.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

rickdjkj

thanks for the suggestion,I will try that.My keyboard and mouse run on a usb,which are both wireless,runs off a small usb device.That could be the problem,thanks Milky

JAylmer

The software keyboard logging bug I mentioned is a serious suggestion.

Sometimes they have no symptoms and with others you will notice your rate of mistyping increase for no apparent reason especially with double letters. eg if you typed in "misspell" it may display as "mispel" sometimes or misspel etc. If you slow your typing down then the error rate improves.  Perhaps you have noticed these symptoms.

The point is it loads the system on each keypress as it logs & analyses each keypress.  Once a day it tries to email the list of keypresses back to "galactic headquarters".

I have detected and removed keyboard loggers on my machine twice now. In one instance it happened after a couple of "trustworthy" business acquaintances visited and I was distracted.    I do remember from a distance seeing a CD being loaded and wondered why.  Another case I have no idea how it was installed but probably by visiting a web site etc.

Anti-virus programs don't detect keyboard loggers.  I use Malwarebytes in addition to an antivirus, but there are others that are effective now as well.

Its a 90% chance that its the wifi or a driver, but other things are worth a mention.

powerjam

You probably got this sorted out, but I noticed on older systems sometimes if you have a huge music library and you choose the search option to display more than the first 100 matches, then you may get a stutter while it searches...especially if playing high bitrate video at the same time... just my 2 cents.
\"Might as well face it, I\'m addicted to Ots.\"

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BEPK, OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ w/ Upgrades to 2.0 PDI PAAA-BHF9
Ots CD Scratch 1200 Deluxe PDI PA1M-8L4V
OtsBoomBox 3 Licenses PDI PAAA-BLMG