Video not showing on OtsAV little monitors?

Started by Dancin Dave, February 20, 2012, 04:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancin Dave

Hey Gang... Got another issue I playing around with. To give me a break from the "other" issue I thought I would play around with videos.

Here is my problem, I can convert everything fine into an Ots file in studio (video plays in popup window just fine!) After saving to an Ots file and importing it to OtsAV the file shows up as a V file. BUT when I load it into deck A, the video monitor in Ots says "error loading video" Music plays fine it just wont play the video on the main little screen in OtsAV??

I've done a search bach to like 08 and cannot find any info on the possible fix. You would figure if it plays in Studio, it should play in OtsAV...

Any Ideas?? Here is a couple screenshot of the error... first is with the file in play list, next is` when the file starts playing.
Again, I'm just playing around with it so file name might not be perfect! LOL Just seeing if I can get it to work.

Thanks
Dave

Jigger

Dave when you open the file in studio does the video play then, usually a screen appears top right hand side.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Dale James

When you import the video file into Ots Studio, did you notice if there was a warning in the Import files Operation Summary?
Yesterday's Gone - Move On Up!
www.dalecaffrey.com
www.audiobasehk.com

DJ Postie

This has happened to me when Ots Studio does not process the MPEG correctly resulting in a playback error. I'm sure it was because it was a large file too.
Port Douglas Audio Visual
Entertaining Tropical Far North Queensland since 1989
Port Douglas, Queensland
Australia
www.pdav.com.au

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ PAAA-BE4K (2 users)
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 PAP9-H1BN (1 user)
Breakaway DJ

Console 1 & 2 (STILL USING Denon HC-4500 & Denon DN-X500 - old school mode)
Backup system (IPAD AIR & DJAY with Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller)

nextgen1

I've had that problem before. For me it was usually a very large video file. One of my systems that has plenty of video memory and everything else, it was no problem. But with my other system that was not in the other machines caliber, it was a no go even though the audio played. I hope this helps again this was just my experience.

Rocket88

Quote from: Dancin Dave on February 20, 2012, 04:01:30 AM

I can convert everything fine into an Ots file in studio (video plays in popup window just fine!) After saving to an Ots file and importing it to OtsAV the file shows up as a V file. BUT when I load it into deck A, the video monitor in Ots says "error loading video" Music plays fine it just wont play the video on the main little screen in OtsAV??

I've done a search bach to like 08 and cannot find any info on the possible fix. You would figure if it plays in Studio, it should play in OtsAV... Thanks Dave

Well I searched before posting, but this is all I came up with... and sadly no solution  ..And yes, the board warning that this is over 120 days old is even more disturbing...

anyway I have this issue which is my first in what is it now  a dozen years !!!.. time gets away from everyone .

I have not loaded any videos since the release of 1.90 as I was waiting for the next Ots studio to recognize mp4 / flv  .. so when 1.90.14/15 did not include that , ( and my age is creeping up,)  I better get my ducks , 'er videos in order..

the funny thing , the Ots Video files play flawless on 1.85.076 machine.. what say ?

particulars   1.90.   machine win 7

1.85.076 machine  xp sp2

so I guess try and reinstall 1.90  ,

Question : is the best procedure delete Ots and install fresh or attempt an overwrite reinstall...

I'm not talking about upgrading to 1.90.14/15 unless this is an issue that has been corrected...

I can post more info if needed or whatever,  and as always , any and all comments appreciated. 

and PS  enjoy Each Day !!   

Thanks you for your time...

I don't even know if my Pdi's are listed but please forgive if not.. Jeff Probably will give me a voucher ( I sound like Steve Martin ( "Navin" ) ha! )

Rocket88 

Later,

Rocket 88

PDI PAAA-BE3M OtsDj x2
PDI PAAK-7QY3 (S&L)

Rick4623

Whenever this has happened to me I've found that its due to the resolution of the video when I haven't converted it properly. If the original video was in HD then it's too big and needs converting

OTS recommend the following software at least they used to and even supply the templates on their website for full optimisation

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5.html

Jumpin' Jeff

Older versions of Ots were not able to display 1080p video in Standard definition 480 resolution. As of 1.90.014, that issue has been resolved.

From the 1.90.014 release notes...
Quote•HD 1080p source content can now be played when the OtsAV internal video pipeline resolution is in SD mode - no need to bump it up to ED or higher just to play these videos.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Rocket88

:blusha: HA It Was MY ERROR..

RDRoadShow And Jumpi'n Jeff's posts shook some cobwebs out of this old head and found I had the internal resolution setting on optimized, on the machine that was giving error loading video...

playing video and audio now.. So now I'm back to no "real" Ots issues.

Well Maybe Make the library Font LARGER in v 1.85 ...

funny , but I don't remember it being that small ...

of course I used to be able to read a food label ( but I never did and so.. " look what scars you have grandpa" )

Thanks again RDR and Jeff

Later,

Rocket 88

PDI PAAA-BE3M OtsDj x2
PDI PAAK-7QY3 (S&L)