New Laptop

Started by key cabin, November 15, 2011, 04:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

key cabin

Hi Chaps,
Unfortunately i have had my laptop stolen with my version of ots av on it, i have sent a mail to the ots boffins to see if they can help me with putting ots onto my new laptop, but, how do i go about putting all my music back onto the new laptop and, how will i get my playlists back up?

Your help is much appreciated.

Laptopless Dave. :no:

arthurvasey

Unless you had them stored on an external hard drive and the thieves allowed you to keep it, they're gone the same way the laptop went!

If you have an external hard drive and it didn't get half-inched, once you have the new Ots installed on the replacement laptop, you can just re-link them.  Takes a bit of time, but not so as you would notice.

If the external hard drive was misappropriated, or you had the music on the built-in hard drive, you will have to spend centuries re-ripping in all your CDs!

Jigger

Putting Ots on a new laptop is easy just go to Otszone login and go to your licences and download the latest version as for your music the previous post tells you what to do.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

DJ Nikki

Oh man, that's a bummer! Hope you have backups or external hard drive. We made copies of all of our music in ots format just in case something happened so we wouldn't have to re-convert everything. I know the suggestion won't help right now, but for future purposes. Good luck hun.
Dee Sallee-formerly known as DJ Nikki

DJ M

Just a warning, but technically as your copy of OTS has been stolen you will have to buy a new copy because the licence is still attached to your stolen laptop. You could try to put the cost of the software in your claim. And see what OTS say.
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

key cabin

Hi Chaps,

Ots have been brilliant in helping me, they have allowed me to install the original version free of charge, i did back up all my music library so its not been too much of a bind.
Thanks to all.

DJ M

PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

dickus51

Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

DJ Nikki

Dee Sallee-formerly known as DJ Nikki

arthurvasey

Shouldn't be forced to pay twice!

If somebody half-inched my laptop and I knew who it was, I would invoice them for the cost of the replacement of the laptop and fresh re-installation of Ots!