How bad of an idea is it to buy the VMS4.1?

Started by Taralocke, October 30, 2011, 01:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taralocke

Greetings:

I'm thinking of buying the American Audio VMS4.1 to use with my mac program but also for OTS. How crazy hard is it going to be to get it to work with OTS? Is there anyone on the forums that would be able to help me configure it? I really just want the volume control to work on left and right, and the tempo on left and right. I don't even need the play or cross fader to work. I mean that would be great if it did, but I'm thinking just basic must haves. What are your thoughts?

snowman

Hi Tara,  I Too Aim drooling at the new class of all in one type of controllers vms4 and mc6000 both super pieces of gear but Will wait for upgrade before buying  to see what OTS has in mind  .  I have been saving for hc45000 denon that fits the current set up under OTS  and it's got a lot of the bugs or user issues already  solved . so it's wait and see for me.

Snowman
For the coolest music dance with the Snowman.

Taralocke

well i just read on the esperence or however you spell it thread where the CEO i think of OTS came on here and posted that they will be supporting the MC6000 but not on the initial launch but on the next update. So I think I'm switching to the MC6000 based on that information. I still have another program that I use as well and can still use for that. And plus I can still use it as a mixer for my mic until everything works.

mel garland

Quote from: Taralocke on October 30, 2011, 04:43:03 AM
well i just read on the esperence or however you spell it thread where the CEO i think of OTS came on here and posted that they will be supporting the MC6000 but not on the initial launch but on the next update.

Hopefully they will include the MC6000 in the first version because by the time of the next update it would be out of date lol

Melvyn
Tiverton, Devon, Uk
PAAA BKBK

CraZee Canuck

:laugh: Mel...Get out of my head....I was just thinking that while reading this thread!

Cheers,

CraZee Canuck

PDI: PAAA-BFBY

DJ M

I have an MC6000 and I'd still chose this over the 4.1. It does look good and a little bit cheaper to buy. The one thing I didn't like was the placement of the mic controls. My MC6000 is flight cased with my HC4500 and althought some of the mic controls are also on the front of the MC6000 the important one are on the top. Access to the front is very restricted and if I had the on/off/duck controls on the front it would be almost impossible to use. But, its personal choice at the end of the day.
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body