New Macbook Pro Bootcamp Windows 7 Problem with Ots

Started by Taralocke, September 23, 2011, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taralocke

I've had a mini nightmare recently and hoping that someone has heard of this and found a solution. I'll try to be as brief as possible.

First I bought a new macbook pro 13" to replace my 15" that had wine spilt on it at a gig. Fun right!? So, got it and went to install Windows Vista It wouldn't install, come to find out the new Macbook's no longer support any Windows except windows 7. (Something that just started this year) So, I went out and bought windows 7. Finally got that part solved and then got OTS reinstalled. Then I went to try it out and the mini-dvi to vga did not work and I have all of the Mac and windows software updates installed. After searching through the boards on Mac and so forth found out that windows 7 only sends out a digital signal. On the Mac it will convert it to analog and works fine. Windows 7 does not do that so my Apple mini DVI to VGA does not work. I then was told to buy a usb to VGA adapter and that should work as the adapter will convert it. Ok great, went out and bought one of those for 75.00. When I went to try it out I would then get the screen to extend and I could see my desktop and then my extended desk to on the screen. PERFECT! I figured everything would be great. Then I opened OTS and no go. I would pull a video to the Deck A in OTS my whole screen would flicker then the extended screen would flicker and then the video would drop out and it would just show the audio. It would play the audio just fine but then when it goes to pull the next video it would flicker then drop the video again. Can not for the life of me figure it out. Had a windows guy look at it and he says it is the OTS and not the Windows software. So now I guess I'm looking to someone here that might work under Windows 7 64-bit with OTS or know what the pulling the video flicker and dropping video and just audio means. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

Dr.J

I don't have a Mac but I would assume the loss of video is a result of either a bandwidth restriction (USB is limited in it's throughput), a driver issue (incompatible) or a hardware issue (USB video device not capable of high quality video output). Not all video devices are capable of smooth video playback, especially through OtsAV. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hopefully someone will come along with more hands on experience with Macs.

p.s. You might want to post the make and model of the video device for reference.

Taralocke

I'm using the HIS Multi View II USB to DVI/VGA converter. It says it is for HD use and windows 7 so I assumed I would be good to go. Again, I can get my screen extended, I see the second display up. I'm using it on my Plasma right now just for testing, and I see my background. I can even start playing a music video drag it to the plasma and it plays on my plasma. However, Ots can't seem to play the video over there without it flikering then dropping back to my screen back drop. All my drivers seem to be updated so I'm thinking it is an OTS problem seeming that everything else is working with the USB to VGA. Like I said I'm getting a picture on the plasma from my lap top I can even drag a movie to the Plasma side and watch it with audio and everything. Ots however will not play the music videos through OTS. Any other thoughts of what I could do?

Jumpin' Jeff

Not sure that device can handle that much video streaming. I considered one for a moment, and then determined it inadaquate for the task.

I would be interested in researching further however... If you could provide me with a link to the device page...
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Nicolee

Doesn't appear to be a hardware issue this guy on youtube has his working fine, also my macbook under bootcamp also runs ots no problem on a dual display, although i did have at first have problems but mine was an audio driver problem.

In fact now mine is running it seems to have less problems than my HP based laptop. try de-installing the drivers one by one and re-installing.
PDI's :

OtsAV Pro : PAAA-BF4B (OtsJuke since Nov 2000)
OtsAV Pro : PAB5-KQL8 (OtsAV Pro)

ianforest

"this guy on youtube" is me  :laugh:

On my MacBook running Win 7 OTS is really smooth, no issues whatsoever.
Big Ian
PDI: PBV9-DN2Z

Mike Sinclair

I've been running Macbook Pro 13" with Windows 7 and Bootcamp with no issues as well... it runs just as good (if not better) than a lot of pc-based laptops out there.

Nicolee

Quote from: Taralocke on September 26, 2011, 10:20:24 PM
I'm using the HIS Multi View II USB to DVI/VGA converter. It says it is for HD use and windows 7 so I assumed I would be good to go. Again, I can get my screen extended, I see the second display up. I'm using it on my Plasma right now just for testing, and I see my background. I can even start playing a music video drag it to the plasma and it plays on my plasma. However, Ots can't seem to play the video over there without it flikering then dropping back to my screen back drop. All my drivers seem to be updated so I'm thinking it is an OTS problem seeming that everything else is working with the USB to VGA. Like I said I'm getting a picture on the plasma from my lap top I can even drag a movie to the Plasma side and watch it with audio and everything. Ots however will not play the music videos through OTS. Any other thoughts of what I could do?

It looks like you are not using the dedicated thunderbolt port, what you need is a thunderbolt to vga adapter you can get them from the apple store they are £21.50 here in the UK not sure what that converts to in USD, but i'm sure that will solve your problem.

Also make sure when you setup your 2nd display try and set it to 1024x768 or greater otherwise you get a Sync Lock C, not sure why it happens but if I set mine to any thing less such as 800x600 I get Sync Lock C on the two macs i've tried Ots on.
PDI's :

OtsAV Pro : PAAA-BF4B (OtsJuke since Nov 2000)
OtsAV Pro : PAB5-KQL8 (OtsAV Pro)