Original 2.0 upgrades

Started by DJ B-rad, August 22, 2011, 02:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ B-rad

Anyone mind listing what's left from the original promised 2.0 upgrades?  I'd love to know with esperance coming in a few weeks.

Jammin' Adam

Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

DJ B-rad

Wow, thanks Adam. It's amazing how much the website has changed in 8 years.  Having used ots dj now for almost that long, I'm thinking 2.0 is going to nothing like what was imagined back then, considering how technology has advanced. 

Jigger

Worth remembering that Video was not on the list but we have it.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

Wow!
According to that list, we are still waiting on

True automated beat mixing
High-end visual effects display mode
Time-coded lyrics display
Lighting control interface
Jingle/sound effects engine
Audio effects processor
Improved pitch-maintaining tempo shift algorithm
MUCH MORE!
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

mpanda

Mario Voiello
Media Consultant - Milan - Italy
PAJJ-Y3YT - OTSTT Pro 2 licenses
PA13-JCY7 - PACH-YNM6 OTSDJ pro 3 licenses

DJ Postie

Lighting contol interface, jingle/sound effects machine - bring it on...............................  :thumbsup:
Port Douglas Audio Visual
Entertaining Tropical Far North Queensland since 1989
Port Douglas, Queensland
Australia
www.pdav.com.au

OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic+ PAAA-BE4K (2 users)
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 PAP9-H1BN (1 user)
Breakaway DJ

Console 1 & 2 (STILL USING Denon HC-4500 & Denon DN-X500 - old school mode)
Backup system (IPAD AIR & DJAY with Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller)

Jammin' Adam

Makes you wonder what is classified as "MUCH MORE", I would say Video falls under that heading, wonder what else is in store.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

Jumpin' Jeff

Logging, Scheduling, Karaoke, Directives, RAC, MIDI conrol...

Oops! You said Is, not Was...
;)
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Glen J. Millar

It will be interesting how the "Lighting Control Interface" will be conceived and developed now with all the advancements in lighting to LED and DMX practically taking over. If Ots was to get this done, to my knowledge, they would be the ONLY DJ software to do so as none of the other programs have even looked at a lighting control interface.

The Jingle/Sound Effects engine is something that both radio and mobile DJ's have been waiting for, and asking for, for years as well as audio effects.

It will be interesting to see what Esperance will bring to the dance.

Jumpin' Jeff

Glen, That is not quite true.
Natively maybe, but I know DJPower uses a Lightjockey integration within their software.

Knowing Ots however, I do believe it is intended to be able to assign light sequences to songs(I do not know this as fact). That would be quite different I believe.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

SoundWave

Hopefully OTS will let you make a specific sequence and assign it to a particular song.  BUT ALSO look at the song, analyze it, determine it tempo (we have BPM), and automatically assign it a random sequence that you have determined that goes with that range of tempo song.  Of course, there will be over-rides, namely an easy to use interface, on an external touch-screen monitor!

(disclaimer: I tried writing DMX code before - hated it.  Didn't have the patience for it.)

Would this mean that OTS could have their own break-out box for DMX control?
Neil Hill - SoundWave Music
OtsAV DJ Pro-Classic
PDI=PA1C-EX89

Jumpin' Jeff

Knowing Ots, and the methods used in the past, I'm guessing they'll use something not proprietary like LightJockey, Das ets, and opt for a more open source, free solution.

You can get plans to build an inexpensive controller online, and even purchase a kit version very reasonable for use with free software like freestyler.
http://users.telenet.be/freestylerdmx/
This interface is compatible with freestyler...
http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70303&show=description&name=opendmxusb
and runs $60.

I would not be suprised if they do impliment light control, that they would very likely go this route.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Tim Gainer

Oh, y'know...the usual: shakes hands, walks the dog, stirs a mean martini...
Ots Radio Broadcaster 1.94
PDI=PB5E-FGPP
Ots DJPro 1.94
PDI=PBN6-ZLTL
Ots DJPro 1.90
PDI=PBXH-PNK9

If music is the food of the soul, then play on...

:aGuitar:

tjthedj

How about;
Shovels the snow

(even though my wife does it, now)