New License Upgrade Procedure?

Started by Joe A, July 26, 2011, 05:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ B-rad

No 3rd or 4th deck Jeff, Do you know something we don't?

Jumpin' Jeff

Why would I know anymore than anyone else?
I've not had any contact with Ots in the past several months.

I have absolutely no clue whats coming. Only an assumption that it's Looping, and possibly sampling from the previous email notification, and as it's supposed to be such a significant release, much, much more.

Personally tho, I can't see any real big change to the interface, unless that is one of the reasons they've gone to Esperance???
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Darryl

The www.otsav.com homepage says: "Easier to use" "More powerful" and "More fun" (with the italics on "More fun" too").

Easier to use - I find the current software easy to use - mainly because the user interface hasn't changed much in 10 years - so I'm very familiar with it.  I wouldn't be surprised if the UI is different.  But if they change the user interface, I'll have to learn where things have moved to.  An example: Word 2007 vs Word 2010 - all the functionality is still there, but I spent 10 minutes searching for how to insert a continuous break to have a change in the number of columns half way down a page.  Once I found it, it was easy... but I spent 10 minutes looking - so is the new ribbon bar easier to use?  Possibly, but maybe easier for new users rather than older ones.

More powerful - Again, this could mean pretty much anything.  More powerful automation would be welcome to many users (like a directive to alter the volume), or even more powerful stuff like doing something x seconds into a song...  Or it could mean new features.

More fun - Now they are being entirely subjective.  

However I have faith that they will come up with something good.  Whatever it is, it wont please everyone (you can only please some of the people some of the time).

Have fun,
Darryl.

OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

DJ B-rad

The website says major update so I'm expecting to be completely blown away here in the next couple weeks.

DJ B-rad

I myself will be pretty ticked off if they don't implement mp4.  It is now the industry standard, used by promo only and itunes not to mention many other high ranking video services.  It would be like ots only allowing import of wav or flac audio files.  Everyone would have to convert to these formats then import.  I know hard drives are getting bigger but some of these hd videos coming out are a gig or bigger when converted to mpeg 2.  You quickly can fill up a hd in a couple of months, not to mention only the fastest pc's can process mb that fast while running ots.

Darryl

I agree entirely - it would be very sensible for Ots Labs to provide mp4 support.  Hard drives are always getting bigger and cheaper - it's just an inconvenience having to convert - we want a nice quick easy life!

Have fun,
Darryl.

(edit - The thread topic is New Licence Upgrade Procedure - why are we discussing potential new features in here?  I've unwittingly joined in a thread jacking!)
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

whisper

(edit - The thread topic is New Licence Upgrade Procedure - why are we discussing potential new features in here?  I've unwittingly joined in a thread jacking!)

it's not called jacking..it called thread drift..

one subject leads to another and another....

jacking is when it's done deliberate....
not when somebody mentions something and somebody mentions something on top of that and it carries on

it a natural thing...and is easy to get back on track again :thumbsup:
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

DJ B-rad

To drift some more, i'm amazed there isn't more traffic on the site with a major release coming in a few weeks.

Jigger

Quote from: DJ B-rad on August 29, 2011, 12:35:29 AM
To drift some more, i'm amazed there isn't more traffic on the site with a major release coming in a few weeks.
What is there to talk about, only speculation of what the new release will be. From past experience there will be a lot more when the release is out and we know what is in it.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

whisper

it's a case of wait and see what comes out..

patience....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :wowza:

DJ B-rad

milky

Quote from: Jigger on August 29, 2011, 05:40:15 AM
What is there to talk about, only speculation of what the new release will be. From past experience there will be a lot more when the release is out and we know what is in it.

I'm so NOT looking forward to all the whingers and nay sayers who will chime in with their grievances and comparisons to other software.

In advance, here's some free advice. If it doesn't do what you want it to, find something else that does and/or take it up with Ots Corp, NOT us.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

whisper

In advance, here's some free advice. If it doesn't do what you want it to, find something else that does and/or take it up with Ots Corp, NOT us.

:thumbsup:  some of us already have...  :thumbsup:

but we just love the " love" in these forums and it gives us a chance to whinge...

and the fun and games begin all over again..with each release.. :ohmy: