New License Upgrade Procedure?

Started by Joe A, July 26, 2011, 05:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe A

When i came accross otsav.com and was reading about the new upgrade to esperance, it said that we have to manually contact ots about getting our license changed over to the new release.

To receive your free update to Esperance when available, you will be required to contact Ots Labs to request your license be changed (this process is not automatic as some OEM customers may require the continued use of 1.85). You are eligible to do this at any time up until three months after the public release of Esperance. Details will be made available upon release.

Does this mean that the Esperance license is different then the 1.85 type? And if i upgrade will i be in the OtsAV 2.0 path? Im just trying to figure out what the difference is in both licence's. I keep thinking that Esperance is a whole another product release than OtsAV DJ.. ect. Any ideas on this one? Thanks!
Internet radio, presenting you with...
--Star 107 The Mix--

Listen to our Stream below with the following links

http://star107media.net:9138/listen.pls*128k http://sc.ipip.cz:8070/listen.pls*160k

Check out our URL for more info@ http://www.star107tmc.webs.com

Joe Audia, CEO of (Star 107 Media)
'Today's Best Music Mix'

Jumpin' Jeff

Joe, the only way to get into the free updates to V2 was to purchase it within the first few years. This option disappeared with the introduction of 1.75 (if I recall correctly).

I you have free upgrades to v2, you will automatically get Esperence. If you purchased after this was no more, you will need to arrange an upgrade for Esperence.

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

Jumpin' Jeff

Oh, and silver licenses will likely need to update.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

Joe A

Yeah i have the free upgrades to 2.0. So would i have to upgrade that license to the esperance one?
I was thinking it was a new license type..
Internet radio, presenting you with...
--Star 107 The Mix--

Listen to our Stream below with the following links

http://star107media.net:9138/listen.pls*128k http://sc.ipip.cz:8070/listen.pls*160k

Check out our URL for more info@ http://www.star107tmc.webs.com

Joe Audia, CEO of (Star 107 Media)
'Today's Best Music Mix'

whisper

whatever the procedure is ..and if it means paying for it is not the problem.
since the karaoke module was introduced is when i first purchased it.
previously was using boombox for my needs.

since then i have purchased virtual dj and club vj...
as some of the places i work have them installed and i need to be knowledgeable about them.
ots is the only one i have to carry in it's own specific format..(for video and karaoke)
the rest are interchangeable and run on all sorts of formats.

if the new version doesn't at least try and catch up with others there will be no point in me purchasing it.
as these other programs will still be more useable than ots.

OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2

tower

Quote from: whisper on July 27, 2011, 06:28:17 AM
whatever the procedure is ..and if it means paying for it is not the problem.
since the karaoke module was introduced is when i first purchased it.
previously was using boombox for my needs.

since then i have purchased virtual dj and club vj...
as some of the places i work have them installed and i need to be knowledgeable about them.
ots is the only one i have to carry in it's own specific format..(for video and karaoke)
the rest are interchangeable and run on all sorts of formats.

if the new version doesn't at least try and catch up with others there will be no point in me purchasing it.
as these other programs will still be more useable than ots.

It is the unique file format that Ots uses which sets it above those software items mentioned.    When you have a huge collection most other Windows DJ software struggle to index and manage it.   It is difficult for the other software to move between audio, Video and Karaoke without problems.   None of them are glitch free and can (and do) freeze up when pushed to the limit.   Most others get things like the aspect ratio wrong when displaying video items.   You pays your money and takes your choice, what ever works.  Ots does work for me and my gang and with the 3rd Jingle deck which I am sure we are about to get, along with (hopefully) many other asked for features, will do just nicely.   I am sure I am not going back to the others which I have all tried at one time or another.  

edit..JJ: Fixed Quote location to seperate post from quote.

Jumpin' Jeff

TBO, I do not expect to see a third deck. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. However, if it does happen, I will be pleasantly suprised!
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

whisper

"It is the unique file format that Ots uses which sets it above those software items mentioned."

remember you had to convert to mp3's to ots media when first introduced. ?
then the omx file was intoduced so you didn't have to convert mp3 to ots media.
looking for something the same for karaoke and video with more support for other video formats.

Darryl

But the omx doesn't give you anywhere near as much functionality as the it's album file.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

Correct! For instance, you can't use ABM, or edit intro, or outro reference, trim, or fade points. You get what you get.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

whisper

Quote from: Darryl on July 28, 2011, 07:04:03 AM
But the omx doesn't give you anywhere near as much functionality as the it's album file.

Quote from: Artist formerly known as 'Jumpin' Jeff' on July 28, 2011, 03:23:01 PM
Correct! For instance, you can't use ABM, or edit intro, or outro reference, trim, or fade points. You get what you get.

my library is messed up enough without mucking about with trim points.abm etc.
it's a tool i use and not interested in these things...more interested in functionality.
throw it up and play it out.
whatever the library state is.

if anybody want's to sort it out...fine by me.

250'000 items and i'm having problems with the program...not with others though.
will post oml file.

to see where i'm going wrong

tower

You have just got to have loads of duplicate files with 250 thousand items, eek.  :ohmy:

whisper

i'm afraid to start.. :ohmy:

maybe try and do something with it all this weekend...
got the programmes to sort it out...automatically.
it's geting the time to hook everything up at home.
when i last cleaned the video files recently i managed to free up about 170 gig on a 1 drive alone as i had duplicated folders somewhere along the line
will need to start on the music as it's taking absolute ages to load up.

in all honesty, they are not all needed whatsoever..it's just i've been throwing them on collection all the time.
have never ever sorted out since day 1, when i run out of room...i just buy another drive and start throwing them on that.

back to the thread..

hopefully everything we are looking for will be included in next release.
they were quick to spot anomalies in certain areas the last time (karaoke intellifade probs) etc
so i expect this release to be on par with other programs at least.  :thumbsup:

hubert17

Me and my colleague gets fight with club vj versus mine otsav.
He is always the winner in our arguments. You know why?
Because he doesn't care with codec issues, the frame rate,
the aspect ratio, the delays, etc. As long as the video is shown,
it is then fine for him. Eww!

Those who don't like *.ots proprietary format, it is just telling us that you are always ready to be embarrassed at the peak of your every events.  :icon_lol:
OtsAV on Windows 7

whisper

Quote from: hubert17 on July 31, 2011, 02:10:50 PM
Me and my colleague gets fight with club vj versus mine otsav.
He is always the winner in our arguments. You know why?
Because he doesn't care with codec issues, the frame rate,
the aspect ratio, the delays, etc. As long as the video is shown,
it is then fine for him. Eww!

Those who don't like *.ots proprietary format, it is just telling us that you are always ready to be embarrassed at the peak of your every events.  :icon_lol:

i know where he's coming from..as long as it works.
ots. i think i mentioned, i only use for audio because of limitations on video etc
i also use club vj but been leaning towards vdj 7 because it records video, text and anything else thats on screen including visuals.