How to save Play List from OTS at end of night

Started by DJArt (Baby Boomer DJ), July 09, 2011, 01:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJArt (Baby Boomer DJ)

I've had difficulty in saving ALL of my playlist at the end of the night because some are in the Window as having played and could be cued again.  However, if there are only a few that are in the To Be Played Area, how do I catch everything that has been played during the evening?

Be specific about steps because I'm an Old Dog learning new tricks.

Kev

I usually head to the history panel, select all and export as playlist. Done that for 104 radio shows so far!
Kev

2 x PAZ7-DRKW, 1 x PBZ8-D3Q9 & 1 x PAGD-CMWW

Jigger

As Kev Said
Use History, Right click on media library at the top it will then show work area, right click again and it will show history everything that has been played.
Whwn that is open right click on the list then select all you can then export the list in the format you want .
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

DJArt (Baby Boomer DJ)

Thanks guys.

I've been highlighting the list as shown, then right clicking and selecting Export, then to OTS list.  That has worked but it doesn't get everything.

I'll try doing what has been suggested.  Again, appreciate the help.

Jammin' Adam

OtsAV DJ Silver and Pro both have a logging function that dynamicly saves played song information including the time the song played to a text file in your C:\OtsLabs\Logs folder, the filename will be the date logged a hyphen then the name "playlog" (Ex: 2011-07-10-playlog.txt).

For more info, click here.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

DJArt (Baby Boomer DJ)

JA...thanks for the guidance.
I checked the folder you described and it was empty. Hummm.
Looks like i didn't create some kind of path.  So, I checked out at the bottom of your post..."for more info, click here."  Well, I got a little confused because I didn't fully understand "For instructions on specifying the log file location, using a command line option, click here..

I'm confused.  :stuart: :wacko: :blusha:

dickus51

Have you ticked ..Menu.......Options-> Scheduling & Logging -> Logging Enabled
Dick
OtsAV Dj Pro-Classic+ x 2
OtsAV Broadcaster
PDI: PA6A-SM62 | PAD3-HXAB | PAM7-8TM9  :thumb:

Jigger

Quote from: DJArt ("Baby Boomer DJ") on July 10, 2011, 03:49:16 PM
Thanks guys.

I've been highlighting the list as shown, then right clicking and selecting Export, then to OTS list.  That has worked but it doesn't get everything.

I'll try doing what has been suggested.  Again, appreciate the help.

I don't understand why it does not get everything, if everything is in the history list, if you right click on the list and from the drop down select all that should be everything.
Ron

DJArt (Baby Boomer DJ)

Thanks...I got it now.  For starters, "logging" was not ticked (selected)(enabled)...it is now.  I did a test and it appeared when I went to the "C:\OtsLabs\Logs folder".  It appeared as a Notebad document.

I also saw it in the "history" window.  I had never looked there.  I'm still a New-Bee...but I've had the program for a number of years.

Unfortunately, I didn't know how to import the last OTS Update, so I'm still using 1.85 version...I think.

Jigger

Go to https://otszone.com/ login then you can get the latest version don't worry about it very easy to upgrade.
Ron