Where's My Music?

Started by albanyams, April 18, 2011, 12:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albanyams

I'll put the songs into the playlist, but when I put the music in decks a or b, nothing shows...Do I need to re-link the songs?

Jumpin' Jeff

Sounds like it. If you look in the history, if it's not linked, it should turn up as a placeholder after it's been passed thru the decks.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

albanyams

Doesn't Otsav have a video tutorial of how their product works? I'd love to view it. I know my music is there. It's in my folder, it's in the Media Library, but it won't come up in the Deck A or B. It's very frustrating. Then I'm told to go to their "Manual"... argh....

Darryl

The Media Library is a database of Ots Items - these are either .omx files generated when you import an mp3 or wav to play directly in OtsAV or references to tracks within an Ots Album file (the recommended approach).  The Ots Media Library doesn't actually contain your music - just a reference to it - this will consist of a file path like "E:\OtsMusic\2000s\Dance\david guetta - stay.ots". 

To view this information within OtsAV, double click on an item in the Media Library (bottom right of the main window - if you don't know what the Media Library is, read this: http://docs.otslabs.com/OtsAV/help/using_otsav/media_library/media_library.htm).  On the dialog that appears will be lots of details about that item including the path to the file that holds it.

To verify the path, copy and paste the full path from OtsAV into a Windows Explorer folder address bar.  If Windows Explorer finds the file it will open it in the default application (mp3/wav might be winamp if you have it installed, ots files normally open in Ots Player).

If you get an error message, the file isn't where OtsAV thinks it is.  If you not using Ots Album files, make sure you haven't deleted the .omx files that OtsAV generated when you first imported your music (or better still, convert the music to Ots Album files).

If the files are not where Ots thinks they are (e.g. you renamed a folder, plugged in another disk drive and changed the drive letter), then don't panic - you can re-link them in the new location (or put the path back or whatever is appropriate).

I highly recommend you back up the OML file the contains your media library before you try to fix the problem.

If you get stuck, please ask.

Have fun,
Darryl.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

What Darryl says is key. The music itself is not stored in the oml library file. The library only stores a pointer to the actual music file.  If you double click on a track in Ots, to pull up it's properties dialog, you should see a file path in the album section of the window. If this file path is not accurate, you won't be able to play that album/track.

Have you attempted to "play in player" from this properties dialog? or edit in studio?
This should also fail if the path is not valid.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

albanyams

I don't understand the technical terms you are saying. All of The music is on the laptop. But some music is not in the Media Library, it'll show up in gray icons, not the "yellow" per say. I've tried relinking, re-freshing. Nothing. I'm missing something.

Jumpin' Jeff

Double click the grey icon entries to open the track properties window. Here, in the Album info section (Top panel) you will see under the album comments, a path box. You can highlight the text in that box, and copy it to your clipboard (ctrl + C). You can then paste that in the search box under the start button in win 7 and vista, or search dialog in XP to verify it's existance.

If it truely exists where it says it does, then great! Now you just need to open the file to verify it's not corrupt. If it is, it's highly likely you may have a drive going bad, or something has happened to your machine to cause distruction to some of your files.

I did a search & destroy on 3 albums last eve that were always found, but wouldn't import. One wouldn't import as a single track due to the fact it had no audio data. The other 2 were corrupt, and wouldn't open in studio at all.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln