Artist information - Converting MP3's t OTS files

Started by riftvalley, February 08, 2011, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riftvalley

Hi,

Amazon are offering some great deals with MP3 downloads but I am having a problem importing into OTS.  How do I access the artist information in the MP3 track and import it into OTS?

See attached .jpg. Because the information starts as (for example) "94 -Fool I am.mp3" I just get the track number (94) as the artist information.  Is there a way to import the mp3 artist information automatically into studio?

Many thanks

Martin
PDI:- PAAA-BFWY Licensed for two workstations
        PBEX-1SSR  Licensed for one workstation

arthurvasey

The only way that works is to rename it as "artist - title.mp3

For example, right click, select Rename, then substitute the 94 with the name of the performer, for example:

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody.mp3.

If you put a space between Queen and the dash and another between the dash and Bohemian Rhapsody, it will put them in the right fields.

If you do it the other way round, it will think that a song called Queen is sung by a group called Bohemian Rhapsody - though there is a tool that can swap them around - it's all or none, though.

I used that as an example.

Rip them direct into Ots from CDs and it should do it right - but, if it doesn't, use the tool.

riftvalley

Thank you Arthurvasey,

I was hoping that there was some piece of code somewhere that might do the job for me.  I was a bit short of early Rock music so to be able to download 226 tracks for £13 i'sh is very attractive.

However ploughing through the lot to paste in the artist names is not so attractive.

I will probably take the lazy way out and leave them as they are.  It would be a good feature of Studio to be able to pick up all the information in an MP3 file and relocate it where it is needed.

Martin
PDI:- PAAA-BFWY Licensed for two workstations
        PBEX-1SSR  Licensed for one workstation