Shoutcast Song titles

Started by MrBmx, December 13, 2010, 05:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBmx

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum so please don't tear me a new one, i tried searching first for an answer and couldn't find anything so hopefully someone can help me

i am using OtsAv Dj Pro 1.85.001 and i am using it as a playout to my shoutcast server. everything is working great and it all sounds so much better than when i was using winamp!

the only problem is when i start a stream the song titles will not show on the stream what whats now playing, it seems to just pick a random song from my media library and for the entire stream show that song as the one that's playing while it plays through the playlist... not a big deal but its annoying, any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Brian 'MrBmx'
Radio Long Island

Jigger

Welcome Brian
I am no expert on using shoutcast but I am sure others here will be able to help.
One thing though you should get the latest version from Ots zone the latest version is 1.85.076
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

arthurvasey

There is somethng you might want to consider - do a search in this forum for Blinkstream - you need to enable the RAC server built-in to Ots for it to work at all - send the outgoing signal to your server and port, activate it, and you're broadcasting your metadata.

In its raw state, it just says <artist> -<title> - but you can manually type additional information, such as the name of the programme.

MrBmx

Quote from: arthurvasey on December 13, 2010, 01:21:02 PM
There is somethng you might want to consider - do a search in this forum for Blinkstream - you need to enable the RAC server built-in to Ots for it to work at all - send the outgoing signal to your server and port, activate it, and you're broadcasting your metadata.

In its raw state, it just says <artist> -<title> - but you can manually type additional information, such as the name of the programme.

Thank you arthurvasey! that works and it hides to tray so i can just forget about it :D lol!

Brian 'MrBmx'
Radio Long Island