sound card for laptop running old school mode

Started by Jubal, December 02, 2010, 02:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jubal

When I originally purchased OtsAV, the Echo Indigo card was recommended.  I really didn't use the program because I didn't like running two "decks" to one mixer channel.  I wanted to be able to easily cue and manually mix, running two independent sets of outputs to my mixer.  My laptop is a 5 yo Toshiba with USB & PCMCIAExpress slot..  It does exceed the OtsAV system reqs.  I've been searching and did not see a specific answer to this question other than M-Audio and Creative (yuk) sound cards are recommended.
Thanks for your help.

Dr.J

I recommend and use the Denon HC-4500 soundcard/controller. It works fabulously and not only offers a competent dual output soundcard but full control over each deck in OtsAV. Two thumbs up!

Jubal

Dr. J,

Thanks for your reply.  I own a Denon HD-2500, which is pretty much the same deck with the addition of an internal HD.  I presume hookup would be via USB.  I do realize that the info does not show up on the Denon screen on this unit, but it should work just the same. 

Jubal

I got it up and running.  Thanks for your help.

Dr.J

Glad it worked out for you. I also have the Denon HD-2500 but it's for backup (built in hard drive) and for controlling a separate computer with Traktor on it.

moodymedia

I too used the Denon HD2500, truly awesome piece of kit, granted the HDD could be bigger....