Remote Sync / updating of Media Library

Started by BrianA, October 12, 2010, 09:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianA

I currently manage 8 different locations that use otsAV. I'm looking to see if there is a way to have otsAV do an automatic Easy Scan of folders when it opens.

Here is my scenario:

New media comes in from multiple subscription services.  I rip to mp3 to store in our master database which is broken into genres (by folder). I then convert to ots format and place into our master database which is broken into genres.

My goal is to have these folders sync with the 8 different locations, then when otsAV is opened the following day the Easy scan then updates the media library with the added music.  I'm not looking for a solution for the syncing, just some input on the automatic Easy Scan of folders when otsAV is first opened.  Thoughts?

B

Dr.J

Take a look here... http://www.otsusers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12446.0;topicseen as they are discussing almost the same thing, just refreshing more often and a single folder.

milky

You could re-synch your master copy only, and then copy the one oml file out to the 8 locations BEFORE opening Ots. However, you will lose your local "lastplay" information as this is updated when the ML is saved.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38