Problem with Some Video files in OtsStudio

Started by tam808, October 12, 2010, 02:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tam808

I am currently sorting some 18,000 video files for a client (pass me another can of beer)

They are all in OTS format but I have found a few files which play ok in OtsAVDJ, but when I try to open them in Studio, it crashes and shuts down.  It does not stay open for long, a few seconds, but I have noticed an odd fps reading of perhaps 29.7 or similar, whereas all the other video files are at 25fps.

It seems odd that they play OK in the full programme (OtsAVDJ but not in OtsStudio) Can anyone offer a solution or reason why one works but the other doesn't?  I was wanting to edit the Artist/Title info.

I would go back to the originals but they are in the UK and we are in the Canary Isles, so not practical.

Darryl

I believe that they only crash Ots Studio if they are played.  If that is the case, switch off the auto play feature in Ots Studio and you can edit the title/artist info.

We don't know why they crash Ots Studio - Ots Labs were informed of a similar problem at some point in the past, but nothing came of it (yet - for all we know they might have addressed the issue).

The 25fps is the frame rate for PAL video, 29.97 (or whatever it is) is the frame rate for NTSC video, so nothing odd there.

Have fun,
Darryl.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

tam808

Thanks Darryl,  :thumbsup:  Yes I switched off the auto play and I can now edit.

Had a job finding some of them in a folder of 700 tracks :wacko:, when it was just maybe about 30 which crashed.  The one I found was a 29.97 fps video.  However while looking for a faulty one a couple opened up which were also 29.97 fps so don't think that the frame rate is the problem.

I noticed before when starting OTS on my laptop (UK model) that the video, when I didn't have a 2nd head attached would often switch to the NTSC setting saying it was more compatible, but when my LCD TV is attached as the 2nd head (PAL tv) it would switch to PAL system & notify me of that.

That suggests to me that OTS does not care what the frame rate is but at the output stage it adjusts for the screen it is displayed on.

Jumpin' Jeff

I've had that crash as well. Something in the way I formated those MPEG2 files. I changed my converter options, to what I thought they were before I updated to WIN7, and then tweaked them after I discovered this problem, but couldn't determine exactly what caused the problem in the converter.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7