Bad files or just lost?

Started by evilstepdad, June 23, 2010, 07:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilstepdad

Hello, Well the club I ma djing at wanted to do karaoke so I told them we could give it a try..after all I still had all my karaoke music etc. so why not.  I bought some newer disk to update the book a little and put those on, made some books etc..

While doing this I had to transfer karaoke files from the home computer to external drive to gig rig or the one I use at the club.  No big deal so far.  My wife made some books etcl and we went down tonight to hook everything up and see how it went.  This was only a hook up and try everything night and Thank God it was,  My wife loves to sing fancy by Reba and when I went to look it up it wasn't there.  On my gig rig I have two hard drives and I keep them both up to date with the files, well I had to go to the D drive instead of the C to find fancy, so I copied it and pasted it in the karaoke folder in the c drive and refreshed ots and low and behold...nothing.

So with that in mind I went and made a new folder on the desktop and then went and copied the file again out of the D drive and then pasted it into this folder, chose play with ots and it came on and started playing.  Took it off the desktop and again a no show.

Has done this with a couple of tracks and I am sure there are others so I guess what I need to know is what do you think is going on?  I am using windows xp pro on the machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.  I think I did go from the new computer at the house and downloaded to the external from it and the new machine has windows7 so don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any replies,

evilstepdad
PAAA-BGFP OtsDJ Pro 1.75 x 2

Darryl

A couple of ideas:  Firstly is the folder that you imported in the Media Library folder structure?
File -> Media Library -> Media Library Folder Structure...

Secondly, if you have set the rating to zero (an easy way to hide karaoke items so you don't play them accidentally) you will need to show them:
Options -> Media Library & Search Dialog -> Hide Items Which Have a Rating of Zero

Also check the hide unavailable items option:
Options -> Media Library & Search Dialog -> Hide Items/Albums Which Are Marked as Unavailable

Since this will stop unavailable items from showing up in the media library and confuse you.

You can also query the media library on the path to the file:
^F=full path

For example:
^F=C:\Music\my file.ots

The search dialog works using the artist and title information in the Ots Album file - if something is incorrect in there you might not spot it.  You can search for the album title (again depends on what you set it to in Ots Studio).

Have fun,
Darryl.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

evilstepdad

Thanks for the reply, I have set them to 0 before while djing so I wouldn't grab the wrong one but I usually do them all and then undue them all but did not undo them last night as they were on there so I will go down later tonight and give all of these ideas a try.

Thanks again for the ideas,

evilstepdad
PAAA-BGFP OtsDJ Pro 1.75 x 2