video files on ext drive, and video on one screen like the laptop your using

Started by DJ Jay Michaels, June 10, 2010, 06:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Jay Michaels

:)  Went from using boombox (Aug 2002)  to the latest version last night, I really waited for the Beat Mixing to work I guess LOL...8+ years, anyway..

I re did my libraries due to all the updates and the mp3's run fine with there omx files. Music is good

the question I have is that I have mp3+g's that I now know I can run with OtsAV, I used the studio to make the tracks, or should I say track, an ots file

from this
2Pac - Dear Mama - DKP1115-09
2Pac - Dear Mama - DKP1115-09.cdg

to this
2Pac - Dear Mama - DKP1115-09  an ots media file

When Im going to make the karaoke media folder for use in the software I started to have the program  make a one off ots or omx file of the Karaoke track studio just made,  this is not correct is it. seems like it would take a month to "ots" 15k karaoke tracks twice.  Did I miss something, I read the  help pages over and over again and it doesn't really touch on the file, studio makes and where to put it and if that needs to be otsed" again,  does anyone know what i mean about this

Also when you do a search for music in the program, can I say I do not want it to search for the karaoke track if im DJN a club, and vice versa if im doing a karaoke gig

thanks all

Jumpin Jeff  I cant believe your still here.

Mike

DJ Jay Michaels

Oh yeah forgot to ask, has anyone figured out, on w7 64bit how to have the karaoke graphics come up on the laptop screen that your using, I know its better to have another monitor and all that, I just needed to know if its possible for those, oh you have karaoke, well lets do some at bars were there isnt another monitor to use.

thanks again

Darryl

Hello.  Welcome to the forum.

I think you are getting confused with the import of mp3s vs the use of Ots Album files.

In a nutshel - OtsAV is designed to work with Ots Album files (*.ots files).  Some users complained that they didn't like this (even though the advantages are numerous) and wanted to use mp3 files directly.  Ots Labs compromised by allowing you to use mp3 files but they had to store the extra information (that you can edit in an Ots Album file with Ots Studio) somewhere - i.e. they use the .omx files (which I don't think you can edit - but honestly I've never tried).

For video and CD+G you are forced to use the Ots Album format.  I suggest you create a single album for each karaoke disc - i.e. all the tracks on that disk in a single Ots Album called DKP1115.ots.   Then use the Item/Chunk Filter (CTRL+J) in Ots Studio to flag all the items in that file as karaoke.

You then import that Ots Album into OtsAV (using File -> Media Library).  In your case I suspect that you have accidentally imported both the .ots file and the original .mp3 file.

To see all the karaoke files in your Media Library use the query ".k" (without the quotes).  To see all the CD+G items in your Media Library you can use ".G".

As for the question on video on the same display - it is possible - if you assign the video output to the first video device, double clicking the video preview in the middle of the OtsAV screen will make the video go full-screen.

If any of this makes no sense to you or you think of other questions, please ask away.  We'll do our best to help.

Have fun,
Darryl
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

DJ Jay Michaels

Hi Darryl, well the video question is all set, that worked, Just needed something simple in case i had a request to play a karaoke track.

I am currently still letting studio make the ots filse for all the karaoke tracks, 10k down and a little over 5k left.....I'm killing this processor

I did  make my karaoke media file, and now for some reason its filling it right up quickly, not making the omx. I must have clicked the wrong folder to import.

I guess the next thing is to figure out, if there is a way to batch bpms and have the tick clicked on to use bpm feature.. I know how to batch to figure out the bpms but I havent seen a way to let the program do it itself I guess....am I cheating to much here..

Also, has anyone seen pros and cons to the Denon midi controller or has there been a vote as to which controller is best..

Ive mastered the keyboard but really would like a real feel controller...

Darryl

Glad to hear you are getting there.  Ots Studio has a batch detect BPM feature.

I'm using a Numark Total Control personally - it's cheap and cheerful, but luckily works quite well (I've written quite a few posts about the awful lack of documentation from MIDI controller manufacturers - in many cases you just have to buy one to see what it can do).

Many users on here say the Denon controllers are excellent.  Apart from some early gripes that were fixed with firmware updates (mainly Windows Vista/7 compatibility woes) I've not heard anything bad.  I've seen one in use in the flesh and I thought it worked very well.  The Denon controllers also have very good sound cards (I've struggled to find the ideal USB sound device for my needs - but that might be down to my laptop choices).

Have fun,
Darryl.
OtsAV: PDI PAAA-BFDR

Version 3.0.8.0 of the Karaoke Hoster is available now - http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaokehoster

Checkout my CDG Editor - repair badly ripped CDG Karaoke files with ease: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgeditor/

Now Playing in OtsAV - https://sourceforge.net/projects/nowplayinginots/ - Show your Windows Live Messenger contacts what you are listening to in OtsAV.

Jumpin' Jeff

Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

whisper

daryll...you forgot to put the batch convert to kg autoscript at the bottom of your posr among your tools.....

fantastic tool....

whisper
OtsAV DJ Pro 1.85 - PBT4-TLNH
OtsBoomBox - PAW3-WLE8 x 2