batch converting back to mp3

Started by djdrew9219, May 31, 2010, 03:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djdrew9219

ok....i figured out how to batch convert back to mp3, by reading another post, but.....in doing so,  when it is completed all the album titles, art, and genre's are missing.  Anyone know how to solve this?

Jammin' Adam

Hi djdrew9219, welcome to the board.

Unfortunately converting to mp3 from Ots will only give artist and title info (and "www.otslabs.com" in the comment field) for tag information.
Just an ordinary average guy, who built an ordinary average computer, and uses it to play some ordinary average music, using a very extraordinary and extremely above average software called OtsAV. Which gives an ordinary average person, some extraordinary and  better than average multimedia enjoyment, to supplement an otherwise ordinary average lifestyle.

OtsAV PDI's:
PAAA-BGGD | PBSB-FQ1N | PA31-FB5V

djdrew9219

so have i lost all album title, art and genre info?

djdrew9219

is there a conversion program or site to regain this info?  Some of the music was downloaded from original cd's others were downloaded online, others copied from another dj's hard drive. 

milky

Quote from: djdrew9219 on May 31, 2010, 11:55:59 PM
~others were downloaded online, others copied from another dj's hard drive. 

... with all the appropriate performance fees being paid at the time.
OtsDJ           PDI = PAAA-BHVP,  PBQN-3658
S & L               PDI = PAAA-BK27 x 2
Studio             PDI = PAAA-BL38

djdrew9219

Quote from: milky on June 01, 2010, 12:30:38 AM
... with all the appropriate performance fees being paid at the time.
...that's kind of nil at this point.  Most of this stuff I've had for 8-10 years.  Other's i have paid for by purchasing the cd's and others downloaded off itunes, etc. etc.  The amount of money I have spent on music, for buying a whole cd and using one or two songs, or at the cost of $1.00/song....I think I have paid the industry ten fold.  Anyway, that topic would be for another post i think, and I would be happy to get into the whole "politacally correct" thing or "moral thing" at another time, but right now the point is I accidentally deleted my origanal mp3 files, with all the album art and album titles and geners, and the long process of re-tagging all of them is going to be painful.  I thouroughly love OTS dj program and have owned it going on 6-7 years.  Just wish there was and easy way to reclaim the original mp3 format with all tag info intact. 

Jigger

There are programs that will tag your MP3s if I recall correctly, Magic tagger and music brainz, I am not sure exactly if they will be suitable for you but I do know others here use them hopefully they will help
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro