Problem with.vob files

Started by riftvalley, March 06, 2010, 08:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riftvalley

Hi,

I have an irritating problem using .vob files.  I have a number of video files in vob format, the files are easily put into OtsAV format using studio and play OK.  The issue is that because each vob is limited to 1gb the clips do not coincide with the vob divisions.

I use Nero 9 to assemble the videos and if I want just a single clip I find that Nero splits the vob's into specific chapters and will not recognise the tail-end of the previous clip.  I.e when I try to use the vob's in Nero the imported vob's always start with a new chapter and lose anything left over from the previous clip.

Is there a (preferably free) piece of software that can render VOB's  (I have tried prism but there seeems to be a problem with the sound tracks when I recode).

Best of all can studio be used to cut out unwanted parts of a video?

Regards

Martin
PDI:- PAAA-BFWY Licensed for two workstations
        PBEX-1SSR  Licensed for one workstation

Dr.J

I hope I understand your issue correctly, try using DVD Shrink (http://www.dvdshrink.org/) pull out actual video files to be compressed. It works for me.

riftvalley

Many thanks Dr J worked a treat.

Don't know why Nero was chopping off the tail of my previous .vob's, perhaps I had set the wrong default so it only reconised whole chapters.

Anyway, DVD Shrink worked OK, I was then able to use Nero to chop out exactly what I wanted and now it sits in an .ots file ready for use.

Simples!

Martin
PDI:- PAAA-BFWY Licensed for two workstations
        PBEX-1SSR  Licensed for one workstation

tower

I use DVD Decrypter, it has a number of options and split file by cell ID works a treat on VOBs.

Edited by DJ-Dwayne.
Removed possible reference to file sharing app.