How do you input new audio signature in OtsAV DJ Pro

Started by Dave Bevan, January 05, 2010, 02:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Bevan

I would like to run my Promo stuff  with the audio signature option. Where do I put the files to do this. Is there a folder that contains the original Ots Audio file, that plays when you start up the program?

Jumpin' Jeff

Actually, you can't change the audio signature at this time. There is an alternate method however. In your playlist builder, you can select a genre to be played at an interval similar to that of the audio signature. If you're not doing automated playlists however, you'll need to manually place your tracks.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

markebenson

Hey Jeff.

Problem with that is its not an overlay and would not sound like a signature.

Thought ---------------

I always wondered if i could use abm and create a promo with long intro and outro settings in studio that would overlay the beginning of a song. Lemme know your thoughts.

Jumpin' Jeff

Correct, it is not an overlay, but it's all we've got to work with.

That would work, but would obviously be externally produced.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

08hirobinj

Yet, when you use the trial version, ots has its own overlaying signatures in the middle of and over music?
This is telling me that it must be possible!
The question is do they do it?
Robin

Jumpin' Jeff

That signature is hard coded internally to the Ots program. They don't have it coded to use an external source, making it impossible to replace it. Most of the resources in use by Ots internally, are hard coded this way. You could possibly replace these resources internally, but then the Ots application would fail to run, as it would fail it's CRC checks, and terminate, or worse yet, crash.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln