Easy Converting of Ots to MP3 for IPOD

Started by Rexy, June 09, 2009, 04:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexy

Hi Everyone,

I have been wanting to get an IPOD for a number of years as I do a bit of traveling, I want to know the easiest way to convert my OTS Albums to MP3 format to load on to an IPOD and still be able to keep the files in there orignal Album format ie: The tracks stay in there position and not Alphabetically. I am presently opening an album in studio and then export as mp3. But then when that is done the tracks are not numbered etc. When I have 1000 albums to do this is going to be a very long task. Can anyone help?

DJ M

I'm not sure if there is an option to export the tracks with a track number prefix, I'm away from my machine till later tonight. There is definitely an option to add a track number to each item, but that would be time consuming! I'll take a look later today and report back.

One thing to remember is that if your tracks have been ripped in VBR, your ipod won't display the correct length and you won't be able to scroll thru the song. You will need to download a great little utility called VBRFIX that fixes the headers in VBR files so that software that doesn't normally read the VBR header correctly can do so.
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

Shoresounds

This is too late to help you now but since I need mp3's I have set up the following system.

1. Rip all music to an MP3 drive that I keep organized with MediaMonkey. (I also have a backup of the MP3 drive.)
2. Use OTS Studio to batch convert the MP3 drive into an OTS drive.
3. Use Super Flexiable File Syncronizer to dupe the Ots Drive, the one I take on gigs. (I also have another duplicate of that drive as a backup)

This way I have the MP3 drive for my own use with an ipod and all the tags etc are there. It may sound a bit complicated but it really isn't. Over the past year I have re-ripped nearly 100% of my music to CBR 320.

Main DJ PC: Sony PCG-K23 Laptop 1meg, Pentium 4, Echo Indigo Sound Card,  Music on Seagate 300meg FireWire in Drive.

Rexy

Cheers Guys,

I am flat out working at the moment but should get some time over the weekend to give it ago. Will let you know.

Rexy

twelch99

This is the same problem I am having...I did not save my original mp3 files during conversion but now want to batch convert them back for use with my ipod. With over 20,000 songs, batch conversion is my only option. Is there a way to get the original stand alone OTS MP3 Conversion Utility?

Dr.J

The old batch converter is available here... http://www.otsusers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10742.0

Keep in mind you can only have one song per .ots album for the old converter to work.