Mobile DJ's, what do you use in case "IT" happends??

Started by Matt D, November 30, 2007, 04:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Niles

I so far have chosen to play CD's at Outdoor Generator Gigs..And I just booked one for June this week..Am I paranoid to be afraid to use a Laptop with Generator Power? As far as backup,I have a second Ots Equipped Laptop with Complete Music Library...I also have an I-Pod Nano..I just haven't got around to putting music in it yet..

Lane

stick a UPS between the lappy and the generator, and my own concerns would be alleviated.
It's all just programming :P

JD The DJ

mel garland

To be honest I don't have a backup system.  Like Milky says where do you stop in having spares.  You could say I've been lucky but in the 35 years I've been doing this never once has my play out equipment let me down.

Melvyn

(now what are the chances it will happen on the next gig)
Melvyn
Tiverton, Devon, Uk
PAAA BKBK

ADS Entertainments

I have a laptop as my main machine, I then have for backup..

1 x Laptop
1 x Hard drive
3 x Mixers
4 x Speakers
3 x Microphones
2 x Lights
100's of leads, mic and DMX

Over the top of what ?

Coastline

I USE A LAPTOP/HD FOR MAIN SETUP AND FOR MY BACKUP I HAVE ANOTHER LAPTOP/HD.  AND IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH I ALSO CARRY AN AMPLE SUPPLY OF CD'S.

moodymedia

A Good Dj should always be prepared in the the worst happens... whether you take a full rig ( decks or cd's ), MP3 player or a Spare laptop. I carry my Dell D600 as a spare, its doesnt run ots it runs BPM St*****, and a spare external 500 gig drive cloned with the contents of my Primary Drive......

Of course its not possbile to prevent the worst from happening, I remember one gig a few yrs ago ( NYE 1996 / 1997 ), my two day old amp blew up at 11.20pm, that new year I celebrated the new year driving down the motorway feeling very sorry for myself.... Cest La Vie

Stress_Magnet

Only Had 2 crashes since 2003, Used to keep a cd walkman with a current Now Cd in it playing in Shuffle Mode all the time.
This was connected to a spare mixer input which obviously is not used until brownout.
As soon as music disappears then just throw the fader up and the music is already playing.
Reboots have always solved the problems.
My Shuttle X with a 2.4 Intel CPU has more than been faithful. and It has paid for itself many many times over, I will be sorry to upgrade it, but my need for PCI express will eventually dictate that I do.
--------------------
Brian Morris
Listen to The Music Mobile Roadshow
1st Record Played as a Jock 10538 Overture
by Electric Light Orchestra

PB2E-1FHS   OtsBoomBox    x2
PA5X-W6B2  OtsAVDJ Pro    x3
PBG8-7GWH  Karaoke          x1